MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

ps did anyone else have a pets reinvention and absolutely everything for the focal was the wrong size?

oh and also WHY DO THE EARLY SET NOTES NOT POST TO THE SIGNING BOARD ANYMORE? sorry for the shouting, but i find it maddening. maybe it is just me, but i find it so annoying.

Yep, pets focal was all wrong. It's set on a 4 foot gondola, but the basedecks and everything are three feet. Wonderful!
Early Set notes posting to Hardlines, Softlines, etc. is not helpful! I don't tend to do much with early set notes (given that I am not a POG TL, even though I find POG very interesting).

We didn't get a focal, so I don't know, just suggesting..

If the sides were 3', and the endcap was 30" deep, wouldn't that work?

Just suggesting because for some reason we were sent 30"dx36w shelves. No clue what we are going to do with them.

No focal, but did receive the high-capacity shelves. I think they are probably for the Grocery set. Could be a refresh like when they send for high abuse areas. Think Water, Bleach, Furniture...heavy stuff. Those shelves start to bow after awhile.

The new Ariba looks pretty. I like some of the new features.

Had to submit a new form for the transitional naming issue. Since I sent the form while MySupport was down it was lost.

My PTL called me back today to rant about it as well, which I found super funny. I told her, but I guess actually having to find something in that mess makes it all real. LoL!

The new Ariba looks pretty. I like some of the new features.

Had to submit a new form for the transitional naming issue. Since I sent the form while MySupport was down it was lost.

My PTL called me back today to rant about it as well, which I found super funny. I told her, but I guess actually having to find something in that mess makes it all real. LoL!

we sent it up in the transition survey as well. stupid names. a few years ago, we didn't have all these asinine problems with silly things. sure, tipp was still a PITA, but at least cover pages/line listing/signing was semi-correct.

we're not even into non-carb yet, still in snacks. i had to pull out every "snack" box and just pile up the headers and fish out the outriggers and any vertical signs since these are the only ones with differentiating locations. since ummm....all the barcodes on my boxes.....were tied to the GENERIC HEADERS. good job corporate ISM. good job.

does everyone else have headers planogrammed on their CHIP aisles? this seems like a terrible idea.

i haven't taken stock of whats coming into the beverage aisles (headers in every aisle? great.....) or on the OTG focals yet.

oh and we have vacs this week. basically all the pogs at the same time that are IMPOSSIBLE to work around the POG team. i specifically go to break apart from them to get a half hour of the aisle to myself. i might even go overnight just to try and be more productive since i can't do anything with them in the aisles. much too crowded and too messy.

Headers in Chips too? ack

I'm hating, hating, hating the way the boxes were shipped. Should have been either by planogram with maybe all the generic headers together in one box....you know, the way they used to do things and which worked. Someone wanted Lunchbox...you grabbed the Lunchbox one and there ya go. Now, just like you said, greydot, it is a horror. Between that and some other processes on my list of We've Decided To Give You To Do This As Well that now take much longer to complete than ever I am so far behind it isn't funny.

Same workload + less hours + more time consuming process = frustrated TM.

MySupport actually responded quickly and answered my question!

Just hate the answer.
Sorry for the inconvinence, but because there were so many different pog names over several stores it was infesible to name each box specifically. There should be no instances of one aisle being several boxes.

I call shenanigangs.

Say what?! :angry:

Then they'd better allocate more signing hours for the same amount of setup because this is taking longer. Not to mention tying up more space in the backroom while we open up all these John Doe boxes to find out what the mystery meat inside is.

They could at least put the packing slip on the outside?
Come to think, they stopped doing that with the XL ungainly Salesplan: All Store monsters.

My thoughts exactly.

I wish there was a way for me to actually respond back. I wouldn't have to send in a MySupport if there wasn't a huge problem with this setup and to basically call me a liar when I tell them about the signing in several boxes just annoys me.

Today I opened all the boxes and sorted them. We have headers on chips too. The worst is trying to put the headers on the soda aisle with the high capacity shelves. Very hard to reach with all the soda in the way.

My thoughts exactly.

I wish there was a way for me to actually respond back. I wouldn't have to send in a MySupport if there wasn't a huge problem with this setup and to basically call me a liar when I tell them about the signing in several boxes just annoys me.

You can respond back to the MySupports. Just click on the "Provide Feedback" and follow the steps. Make sure you click No for Was Your Question Answered? and it will give you a form. This is one way to get an answer. Plus you always have the option to grade them on the timeliness and friendliness of the answer. Sometimes they close it, so you are not able to get a response in.

I should submit a MySupport regarding the naming of the boxes...actually, we all should...I think my PTL will forget about it when she goes to do the transition survey unless I remind her.

Second Semi-Related But Not Related Rant

Why do they say that stores have been given "extra hours to vacuum under the basedeck for food debris, clean/sanitize shelves, and FIFO food according to best practices"?

At my store, we have had anywhere between 50 to 100 hours of payroll cut from plano the last few weeks because "we don't need that many hours to complete the set" and "we are over on payroll". As a result, the plano team is cutting corners where they can, and best practices regarding food safety are not being followed at my store. I haven't seen the vacuum cleaner or a broom out on the floor, much less any cleaning going on unless it's super-obvious that something is stuck on the shelf and visible to the guests and the powers-that-be that rule over our store.

Think I'll be checking the dates on everything that I buy from now on...

Last edited:
I'm talking more of an open dialog. I do the survey all the time. I figure they can't get better if they don't know.

They did answer my question and quickly, so going giving a negative survey won't solve my problem with their response. *sigh*

It sad your team is cutting corners like that. I've never actually been told (or read) about sweeping under the basedecks and vacuuming, but we do do the three step shelf clean and rotate our product.

I'm talking more of an open dialog. I do the survey all the time. I figure they can't get better if they don't know.

They did answer my question and quickly, so going giving a negative survey won't solve my problem with their response. *sigh*

It sad your team is cutting corners like that. I've never actually been told (or read) about sweeping under the basedecks and vacuuming, but we do do the three step shelf clean and rotate our product.

As for the cleaning, it's part of the transition packet, and sometimes it's on the early set notes/message board. I know I read it, I just can't remember where offhand.

Best thing about this market set was the removal of the large wine dividers!!! Good riddance!!

This week, I insisted on having a pda to scan the bar codes on the boxes, and realized they tied them to the generic headers instead of a unique item, like the outrigger.. ugh! Thankfully none of the boxes for this week were marked with the alphabet!

Anyone else a early BTS set? I start my prebuild next week and setting BTS the week of the 23rd.......... I'll be sure to pass along any problems/fixes I find for those of you setting later.

Lastly, I found something cool in SAP. Order "Automotive tape" Its costly($60), but they send you a very large roll of strong double sided tape that will last forever! Can't wait to test it on something as soon as I find one minute extra this week.....

We never clean under decks unless its in Pets or a milk set. What time?

We do check under decks though. Amazing how much clearance or collectible toy merchandise you find under there!

ha i think i have that tape. is it the white foam that comes on a giant roll about a foot and a half wide? one of the first things i ordered when i started. lifesaving.

the vacuum wall. BLEH. our entire wall changed. it was a 6 hour pog. took my guy a lot longer. full pallet of new displays. did you guys get it done in 6 hours?

but on a brighter note, if you're setting paper/plastics next week, it's a super easy set this time with the exception of the amount of clearance from trash bags.
also, 7 hour revisions in cosmetics next week, be aware... i know we have 1 person, sometimes 2. don't know how easy 80+ revisions are gonna be if they're all like cosmetics...

7 hours in cosmetics!
Aaaahhhhhh!
Oi, I know where I'll be spending my week.

The vacuum wall wasn't so bad for us. I think there were like 5 displays that came. Ours was slotted for 7.5 hours. Me and another team member did it in 5.

7 hours in cosmetics!
Aaaahhhhhh!

The vacuum wall wasn't so bad for us. I think there were like 5 displays that came. Ours was slotted for 7.5 hours. Me and another team member did it in 5.
10 hours to set vacuums isn't too bad. You have to factor in signing hours also. I have gotten in at least 10 displays so far, (Most didn't come on the signing pallet, so check backstock if you are missing anything) but we haven't started it yet, maybe tomorrow.....

7 hours in cosmetics!
Aaaahhhhhh!

10 hours to set vacuums isn't too bad. You have to factor in signing hours also. I have gotten in at least 10 displays so far, (Most didn't come on the signing pallet, so check backstock if you are missing anything) but we haven't started it yet, maybe tomorrow.....

At least they didn't make you flip the frelling thing around again.
Do you do the 3X5s for that or leave it for the plano team?

Back