MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

So going back to the CSE project, how did some of you guys get the high walls done on areas with deep shelves?, I am fearing market and cleaning supplies.... I am guessing I might have to have a second person stand on a shelf to ensure connection of panels, if that is the case, anyone know the max weight limit for a shelf?

So going back to the CSE project, how did some of you guys get the high walls done on areas with deep shelves?, I am fearing market and cleaning supplies.... I am guessing I might have to have a second person stand on a shelf to ensure connection of panels, if that is the case, anyone know the max weight limit for a shelf?
I'm pretty tall so I just leaned over, for the paper/chemicals (with the really deep shelves) but I really had to stretch even for me. I didn't dare set foot on any of those shelves, I don't trust them! It def wasn't easy tho! I asked my SFT if it was okay to walk on top of our freezers in market to get those down and he said it was okay, but ermagerd was it dusty (and therefore super slick) and I was only confident enough to step only on parts I could feel it reinforced underneath by putting a little weight on it to test where =P I got about 2/3rds of the way down and stickers saying "do not walk on freezers" could be seen thru the dust.. but were missing on the 2/3rds I'd already walked =P

Oh did you already forget how big the CSE high wall,low wall, and focal sign boxes are?:D
Apparently so! Or possibly repressed the memory! =)

put it in the 2nd rail from the front. i just finished mine 2days ago

Came in Friday for me via UPS/FedEx. I am sure you have it by now. Even with the fixture guide, the directions were kinda shitty for what gets a Shuko bracket, how to turn off the alarm, and the "label" pogs were absolutely useless.

Anyone have any earthly idea the very long white wobbly plastic pieces from the cosmetics overhaul are for? They have notches presumably for fitting into a standard, and there's a little square like a flag at the top. I have no clue where/how they go or what they could possibly be for..

Anyone have any earthly idea the very long white wobbly plastic pieces from the cosmetics overhaul are for? They have notches presumably for fitting into a standard, and there's a little square like a flag at the top. I have no clue where/how they go or what they could possibly be for..

They are dividers supposedly for use between planograms. (that's what my box said). Did you get them for the Indie transition?

We couldn't figure out what to do with ours either...not only that, but it didn't work with the metal light kit above the cosmetics transition. We hung onto it just in case.

They are dividers supposedly for use between planograms. (that's what my box said). Did you get them for the Indie transition?
I'm pretty sure they're still in their original box, but I can't recall which portion they came with. I tried scouring the flip-book guide about parts, and found that they call them L-shaped somethings in the illustrated parts section, but couldn't find any reference to them in the descriptions how what to do with fixtures.

Also, to clarify, the 'snow plow' graphics that go up in the more non-cosmetics areas (shampoo, hair, etc) and hang over the top of the long gray category graphics.. did your store interpret the advice to not put them on the back wall, as, "don't hang them from the back of the wall, as in, behind the metal fixture, but rather on the metal fixture" or "do not put these graphics on any sections along the backwall, regardless of the fixture off which it hangs" ? It seemed to me that it was saying not to hang the graphics off the back-of-the-wall, instead of "don't put any on aisles along the backwall entirely" but an ETL thought it meant the latter. The little illustration seem to emphasize hanging them off the metal overhang fixture, rather than being placed on the actual back of the wall..

I'm pretty sure they're still in their original box, but I can't recall which portion they came with. I tried scouring the flip-book guide about parts, and found that they call them L-shaped somethings in the illustrated parts section, but couldn't find any reference to them in the descriptions how what to do with fixtures.

Also, to clarify, the 'snow plow' graphics that go up in the more non-cosmetics areas (shampoo, hair, etc) and hang over the top of the long gray category graphics.. did your store interpret the advice to not put them on the back wall, as, "don't hang them from the back of the wall, as in, behind the metal fixture, but rather on the metal fixture" or "do not put these graphics on any sections along the backwall, regardless of the fixture off which it hangs" ? It seemed to me that it was saying not to hang the graphics off the back-of-the-wall, instead of "don't put any on aisles along the backwall entirely" but an ETL thought it meant the latter. The little illustration seem to emphasize hanging them off the metal overhang fixture, rather than being placed on the actual back of the wall..

I'll have to look at the cosmetics guide after we get through our electronics transition first regarding the Divider fins.

As for the snowplow graphics, I read somewhere that we are not to have them along the entirety of the back wall. Meaning, we should just have them in the aisle. The only ones that should be hanging on the backwall was the CSE for Beauty or however your store's CSE layout is. Too much visual clutter.

Hi. Did anyone have trouble with creating 3x5s for the new cameras on the boat? I got a message saying something about not being able to create a sign in that size.... I thought they must have been sent to us ahead of time (like shoes) but couldn't find any. Any insight?

Cosmetics went smoothly, but I was shorted about a dozen assorted lit signholders. I reordered all new cosmetic endcap fins, and they arrived within a week. Now if I just had the time to put them up with my hours cut to the bone.....

Hi. Did anyone have trouble with creating 3x5s for the new cameras on the boat? I got a message saying something about not being able to create a sign in that size.... I thought they must have been sent to us ahead of time (like shoes) but couldn't find any. Any insight?

Cosmetics went smoothly, but I was shorted about a dozen assorted lit signholders. I reordered all new cosmetic endcap fins, and they arrived within a week. Now if I just had the time to put them up with my hours cut to the bone.....
I had a problem with it printing old signs when I tried to print it under pog. So I just shot them individually which I was only missing 10.

Any idea if the duct tape shelves that have rolls oriented sideways, are toss? We got new ones with rolls edge-on, but no details in the notes whether to toss the prior type..

tossed our old tape fixtures too. new plano calls for just the new ones (amount of shelves on our POG was completely wrong).

The flimsy white divider fins are for between the INDIE pogs for transcend. they are supposed to "cap-off" where the regular lit signholders would run into the Indie POGs so you don't see behind the light fixtures. ours of course weren't put in before all the transcend shelves and were just tossed aside by the POG team. needless to say they don't fit in now.

snowplows should for haircare, etc should go wherever you have the "Destination" lighting. if you have it on your backwall you can put it there, otherwise skip it.

So, for those of you who had your PUCK shipment come late to your store for ELECTRONICS - did it come UPS/Fed-Ex? through receiving? and how large/what size was the box? ours is still AWOL, and i think i may need to go office by office to find it now....

Any tips on how to install the roller shelves for the Healthcare transition? We are setting vitamins in the morning

roller shelves! they are super easy - but beware of any box that sounds like a box of cereal! that means that the rollers popped out! if you handle each box with a modicum of care and open them right side up off the pallet you should be fine. popped out rollers snap right back in, but they are a pain to put back in when an entire shelf's worth comes out.

otherwise they are super easy-peasy, just like regular shelves! the basedeck ones are different, but the instructions are clear. and when we got ours, they came with the basedeck ones right on top, so no searching. it was literally the easiest big fixture change target has ever had at our store.

how did you guys received your smart cable for the camera. from ups/fedex or the signing pallet? I only got the ap kit and mobile kit. no cables for the camera.

Last edited:
how did you guys received your smart cable for the camera. from ups/fedex or the signing pallet? I only got the ap kit and mobile kit. no cables for the camera.
At my store we received ours through fedex. We started the camera isle on last monday, all we had were the new shelves,and on Tuesday about mid day the pucks and smart cable came in by fedex through receiving. It was one big box with a red lable and inside there was another box that was accompanied by some tiny boxes for the target mobile phone displays.

Last edited:
I only got the apkit and mobile kit. i got the puck for camera but not the smart cables. do you think they didnt send it or is it just late? thats the only thing im missing and the security for the slr cameras.

I only got the apkit and mobile kit. i got the puck for camera but not the smart cables. do you think they didnt send it or is it just late? thats the only thing im missing and the security for the slr cameras.

Can you find the numbers?
I haven't been there for a year and I'm willing to bet it's worth ordering extras.
Even if you get them late, ordering more won't hurt.

Back