MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

There is no room to store anything I prebuild. -sob-

So I was trying to build the NIT PJ shippers from last week and there seems to be more then two which is the number of pogs I had, any insight would be great.

Our receiver is much too busy. AA volume store.

I hung my bunker sign, centered, but a bit out into the aisle. Too hard trying to lean that far over the center of the bunker with my pole.

I was told that 2 NIT shippers were set last week, 2 more this week. If I walk in today and all are still there, Im storing them out in the alcove. Messing up my pretty fixture room... ;)

1 more ornament focal, the Rock tree table and one last box of wrap bins left to do.....Maybe maybe I'll get time to look at all the overheads....

Just before I left, there was mention that I must get to all the endcap compliance signs that should be here.
No idea what they are talking about, and they werent sure what to call them without going back in and finding the email..... Anyone else know?

1 more ornament focal, the Rock tree table and one last box of wrap bins left to do.....Maybe maybe I'll get time to look at all the overheads....

Just before I left, there was mention that I must get to all the endcap compliance signs that should be here.
No idea what they are talking about, and they werent sure what to call them without going back in and finding the email..... Anyone else know?

I think I read about this on redwire, the endcap headers are all changing, a black wraped pallet came in today with the new stuff.

I think I read about this on redwire, the endcap headers are all changing, a black wraped pallet came in today with the new stuff.

I haven't found my pallet for the endcaps yet. Somehow I am supposed to find time to find it, sort it, and get it ready for leadership to put up early next Thursday morning. Yeah, right. And fix and audit endcap ISM which they will fuck up. On top of market pushers, prebuilding for Christmas, softlines shippers, organizing overheads, condensing Halloween/setting Christmas.....sure, I have plenty of time!

Oh, I also saw in the Redwire aisle markers are changing? Wish I knew if they are different or just a refresh but couldn't find a pic. So add that to my list too. Such a love/hate thing for work this time of year!

Ugh! A PALLET? Oh and yeah, we are supposed to set ALL of the Christmas in 48 hours starting Sunday at midnight.

AND we have to do it with a smile and no flinching at the sting of the whip....

I hate Christmas.

Ugh! A PALLET? Oh and yeah, we are supposed to set ALL of the Christmas in 48 hours starting Sunday at midnight.

AND we have to do it with a smile and no flinching at the sting of the whip....

I hate Christmas.

The way I understand the 48-hours challenge is to have Halloween out and Christmas in by the time the 48 hours expires. Not counting the lights, which set early, we have already set all of gift wrap, are setting, at a minimum, the trees today, and will hopefully start setting the ornaments tomorrow. So, by the time the 48-hour challenge begins, we may only have an aisle or two left in rear seasonal and all of mini. That's not that far-fetched to accomplish IMO.

The way I understand the 48-hours challenge is to have Halloween out and Christmas in by the time the 48 hours expires. Not counting the lights, which set early, we have already set all of gift wrap, are setting, at a minimum, the trees today, and will hopefully start setting the ornaments tomorrow. So, by the time the 48-hour challenge begins, we may only have an aisle or two left in rear seasonal and all of mini. That's not that far-fetched to accomplish IMO.

You should feel lucky to be in a district that allows you to set any of Christmas before Halloween. We are not allowed to do that so cannot begin truly setting until Monday overnight. Many other stores are likely in similar situations as recently Spot is trying to quell guest complaints of getting ahead of ourselves on setting holiday stuff early and instead to focus on the current holiday.

You should feel lucky to be in a district that allows you to set any of Christmas before Halloween. We are not allowed to do that so cannot begin truly setting until Monday overnight. Many other stores are likely in similar situations as recently Spot is trying to quell guest complaints of getting ahead of ourselves on setting holiday stuff early and instead to focus on the current holiday.

Every other major retailer in my region has already started setting Christmas. If that's the direction being given in your district, someone needs a reality check.

Not setting Trim early early to reduce guest complaints is not a valid reason. The same amount of guests will complain that the Halloween set looks like a barren wasteland. Additionally, lights are set with Halloween, negating that argument all together.

:rolleyes: your receiver does more than chill with vendors and bitch about loading the sweep? Lucky.

They are and each store was given 48 hours extra to complete it... I won't be doing it as we are setting god damn Christmas..

They also scheduled the people to do it 10/30, even though in the Excel attached it states we will receive ours 10/31-11/1.

Should be interesting.

3898690-9003209238-200.g.gif

Ours came today. All I had to do was set up a plan with an exec. Im really happy I dont have to do that!
Finished the Christmas prebuild.
No help this year hanging...
Anyone get a chance to see what the ceiling signing looks like? I saw RS, but nothing else.....

Ours came today. All I had to do was set up a plan with an exec. Im really happy I dont have to do that!
Anyone get a chance to see what the ceiling signing looks like? I saw RS, but nothing else.....

Not me, but we got our signs in today.

Hello everyone, I'm new to signing. I'm just curious, how many hours did everyone get this week for 10/23? I was scheduled 24 hours for signing and lost 5 of those hours because I had to help lead the market pusher project thingy. I've been told we have to set christmas in 48 hours and I haven't been able to do ANY prebuilding for the set. Ruh Roh.

I took a peek at them in the Monthly Signing Update. They look similar to last year's but with fewer pieces (I hope). The power aisle looks like the worst of them! And the door clings again!!

I am about halfway done with prebuild. Wrap bins and risers are ready to go and 1 ornament table. Then ran out of room to store anything else so set 2 POGs for Christmas and left them completely empty because none of the pallets are sorted. I am sure I am going to be hearing about that since the DTL walked in right as I was leaving. Hope the LOD had fun explaining my empty aisle! :D:p

I haven't pre built anything. Yesterday I had to support market cause power went out. I would have built, but I'm so over being pushed to pre build so they can use me to set instead. I get no help putting up overheads unless I throw a tantrum, so screw them. They can build wrap bins as they set.

Pmts blitzed the gondola take down abs tossed a focal kit anyway.

Our seasonal dept is still filled with Halloween decorations and costumes. Candy is starting to sell down in mini, but not enough. Backroom is full to the brim with HCDY and SEA3 because nobody has had time to start purging it.

Meanwhile, I haven't seen our signing TM since Thursday and I think he's off tomorrow too. Zero pre-building has been done.

I haven't pre built anything. Yesterday I had to support market cause power went out. I would have built, but I'm so over being pushed to pre build so they can use me to set instead. I get no help putting up overheads unless I throw a tantrum, so screw them. They can build wrap bins as they set.

Pmts blitzed the gondola take down abs tossed a focal kit anyway.

I tend to only set the POGS that are heavier on signing. Ornament tables, tree tables, and the decorated tree are mine. I do not fill them back. I do prebuild anything else because it saves time the Plano team cannot afford to use on building. When my stuff is set, I ditch them to put up overheads.

It is very frustrating when you have a big signing workload but are also expected to help out Plano on setting. Especially when you know your help can make the difference between them being green or not for the week. But my signing has to come first on my heavier weeks and I can't be the savior for Plano every time they need rescuing. Eff that!

I tend to only set the POGS that are heavier on signing. Ornament tables, tree tables, and the decorated tree are mine. I do not fill them back. I do prebuild anything else because it saves time the Plano team cannot afford to use on building. When my stuff is set, I ditch them to put up overheads.

It is very frustrating when you have a big signing workload but are also expected to help out Plano on setting. Especially when you know your help can make the difference between them being green or not for the week. But my signing has to come first on my heavier weeks and I can't be the savior for Plano every time they need rescuing. Eff that!
Bts I only got scheduled 28.5hrs signing for the 68 hrs required. I pre built everything. Plus set aisles, etc. I don't even think I hit a pat on the head for getting it all done.

While I got a full forty for this set it is always planned badly. First night she'll want tables done plus shippers but it's only an 8hr shift and pog couldn't build it right if they tried half the time. Plus I need to take down the old stuff or face the stl all over me.

Bts I only got scheduled 28.5hrs signing for the 68 hrs required. I pre built everything. Plus set aisles, etc. I don't even think I hit a pat on the head for getting it all done.

While I got a full forty for this set it is always planned badly. First night she'll want tables done plus shippers but it's only an 8hr shift and pog couldn't build it right if they tried half the time. Plus I need to take down the old stuff or face the stl all over me.

Totally agree on bad planning! I think my store has changed the plans for this set 3 or 4 times now. I have no idea what plan will be implemented when I walk in tomorrow night. I know what my plans are and will be sticking to them!

The whole 48-hour Xmas "challenge" sounds like a mentally-challenged HQ that doesn't even translate into reality. Next, perhaps they'll reduce my signing area down to a single backer paper box and stored only on an outside front bench during the rain, with a challenge to make it rain in order to remain in off-stage brand.

Maybe after that, they'll tell us that it is now 'brand' to RFID each individual peghook in order to appear progressive to people who have zero business even being in the fixture room, and how they're moving MySupport back to America to people who can actually understand English now, but only manned by quadriplegics who can only reply in the form of pressing a morse-code tapper with their nose and all replies are audio-only at 0.25 words per minute.

Got an email on Wednesday from POG TL saying they were building the trees on Thursday night and was super confused. I came in to see a forest of trees blocking half of one of the backrooms. Then they had a pog person start building the freestanding ornament bins, and told me not to worry about any of the wrap bins because they were going to set the tree flat first. Came in last night and pulled out the tree table covers and started getting ready to move the trees and bins out to the floor. Except they decided to set freaking wrapping paper first so I spent all night building the damn wrap bins that could have been prebuilt if they told me the real plan. Now POG TL says they're setting trees LAST.... so complete waste of time and space. The communication/miscommunication at this store is special.

Meanwhile, I haven't seen a fully intact pallet with shrink wrap or a packing slip in 2 weeks. Missing all kinds of random signing. No response from mysupport, shocker. They made me set the toy catalog stanchion before I left this morning but we haven't gotten the catalog pallets yet. The shelves for that came in with a curve in the back and ended up broken by the e/tls who tried to help me muscle them in. Set the Hanukkah endcap with pharmacy blue backer paper and a holiday header. I nearly cried when I saw a beautiful red wrapped pallet COMPLETE WITH PACKING SLIP come off the truck, and as a bonus, it even had some stuff people were asking for!!

I'm just glad tonight is going to be me and the Hardlines ETL and TL. They're going to work on condensing more Halloween, then we'll backer paper and sign the empty runs and get the overheads up. Our district decided that at store open on the 3rd, not only are we going to have Christmas 100% set, but also the entire new endcap pallet, so that's cool. Thank god some ETLs got a head start on the endcaps this weekend because I have no idea when I'll have time. At least being overnight finally gives me a respite from the Grocery Pusher project. I was stupid enough to offer help for that one day, then suddenly I was the head of it. I have my grocery tm rolling solo with yogurt fixtures today. Should be interesting.

Back