MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

that's strange, i don't remember having that issue. was there by any chance two POGs for this? The regular, and then a label-only?

Yep, have the swing labels, but the peghooks labels print in short format. ETL threw a fit about putting the short format in a regular sized label holder. No problem reprinting them in large format, but with price changes, etc., don't want to have to keep doing this.

Yes, our etl is nit picking... Write ups for forgetting a inventory control clip, not removing the 1/8 strip off the label, etc, etc.

We re-shot them in label printing, and changed size to regular.

We re-shot them in label printing, and changed size to regular.

Thats what I was going to do, but do it on the portable printer, so I don't even have to change the size...

But back to original question. Does anyone have short format label holders? I seem to remember seeing them once before....

Frelling cosmetics next week.
Soak me in alcohol, set me on fire, and shoot me out of a cannon.

LOL! We started last night. I took advantage of the few signing changes and cleaned the valances. They are such dust magnets. Tonight, I'm helping set all the revisions. Hopefully I will get some time to put up new nail polish clings.

we finished cosmetics today. went very smooth. not a lot of new signing. mostly clean and go. easiest cosmetics set ive seen in the last couple of years. and the new dividers for jemma/pixi displays work a lot better.

What do you guys do if there are signs for places that already have TPCs? I usually just put them over the TPC if it's a different price, but it looks so ugly

What do you guys do if there are signs for places that already have TPCs? I usually just put them over the TPC if it's a different price, but it looks so ugly

Your only supposed to have one sign. You start with the sign with the lowest price point first, if they are the same price, the one that runs longer. If the dates are the same, Sale and As AD have priority over TPC

Your only supposed to have one sign. You start with the sign with the lowest price point first, if they are the same price, the one that runs longer. If the dates are the same, Sale and As AD have priority over TPC

If that's the case, then what do you do with the TPC sign while the Sale sign is posted?

Nope, put the other sign over. You can have 2 signs up. Happens all the time. Shoot, I just read this somewhere too. Perhaps in the Signing guidelines booklet??

Nope, put the other sign over. You can have 2 signs up. Happens all the time. Shoot, I just read this somewhere too. Perhaps in the Signing guidelines booklet??

It depends on price & date the sign.

we finished cosmetics today. went very smooth. not a lot of new signing. mostly clean and go. easiest cosmetics set ive seen in the last couple of years. and the new dividers for jemma/pixi displays work a lot better.

Almost done with cosmetics, only Maybelline left. Not a lot of changes which is good. The new dividers for indie are better but still not the best.

The week of 9/9 is going to be crazy. Halloween and Shops, plus whatever else they want to throw in. Luckily there's no overheads for mini.

Almost done with cosmetics, only Maybelline left. Not a lot of changes which is good. The new dividers for indie are better but still not the best.

The week of 9/9 is going to be crazy. Halloween and Shops, plus whatever else they want to throw in. Luckily there's no overheads for mini.

feast or famine on pog this year, more than usual. i've been getting 25 hrs/this month. next schedule is the first time i've hit 40 in a while. seems like we have a huge week, then spend three weeks fixing the company's screw ups with larger revision workloads. i have 116 hours next week for my entire team.
have you checked out the halloween signing? our store isn't getting overheads, CSE rails, or aisle decorative outriggers (not sure what the real term is there). i guess it'll be like last xmas, the pumpkins should be enough "halloweenism".

feast or famine on pog this year, more than usual. i've been getting 25 hrs/this month. next schedule is the first time i've hit 40 in a while. seems like we have a huge week, then spend three weeks fixing the company's screw ups with larger revision workloads. i have 116 hours next week for my entire team.
have you checked out the halloween signing? our store isn't getting overheads, CSE rails, or aisle decorative outriggers (not sure what the real term is there). i guess it'll be like last xmas, the pumpkins should be enough "halloweenism".

I briefly looked at the Halloween signing in the adjacency book. There are CSE signing and big huge trees that go over two front end caps (got that signing this week). Our store is getting four tables with pumpkins going underneath them. I don't know if the box that holds the pumpkins is pre-built or needs to be built. There's probably going to be some king of cover for the tables similar to Christmas. I'll see what comes in on our next signing pallet. The front of the store is going to be overheads promoting clothing in softlines. There's also supposed to be a lot of displays because your SFT needs to put up a few power poles.

Yea, the tables are going to have the same kind of covers and it looks like a good number of stores are going to have real pumpkins.
Watch out for tiny black flies.
Not looking forward to those trees if they are as flimsy as the ones from last year.

Soooo...

I've pretty much decided the vitamin shipper takes the prize as the most obnoxious build of a shipper to date.
The fall headers made of that paper/plastic mix all have to be taped to something or they bend out of the holders.
We got the new tables for softlines and they sent us the shiny bars that aren't on planogram which but didn't send us label holders (of course the old softlines tables label holders don't work).

Just another week at Target.

Today I'm going to pre-build The Shops overheads, get them ready to set Sunday morning. I have an agreement with the PTL, soon as I'm done, I'm outta there! Hate working Sunday.

We don't set Halloween until Wednesday, but I'm going to see how much of it I can build today and tomorrow.

OT; Where do you do your prebuilding? I've always done all my building out in the garden alcove and we just got notice that the store entrance to that is going to be bricked up.
Those of you that don't have a alcove, where do you prebuild? Or do you wait until the day of the set to start? The idea of waiting until the day of sounds crazy to me...

We didn't get the label holders either, but since they are nothing but shoe shelves, we had those on hand....

Today I'm going to pre-build The Shops overheads, get them ready to set Sunday morning. I have an agreement with the PTL, soon as I'm done, I'm outta there! Hate working Sunday.

We don't set Halloween until Wednesday, but I'm going to see how much of it I can build today and tomorrow.

OT; Where do you do your prebuilding? I've always done all my building out in the garden alcove and we just got notice that the store entrance to that is going to be bricked up.
Those of you that don't have a alcove, where do you prebuild? Or do you wait until the day of the set to start? The idea of waiting until the day of sounds crazy to me...

We didn't get the label holders either, but since they are nothing but shoe shelves, we had those on hand....

I pre-built everything already this week (shops and Halloween). The shops signs are easy to build and they are different from the last set. For Halloween I build the overheads and the risers and bins for the tables, this way when the set the tables I can just place the stuff on top of it. The instructions for the Halloween overheads sucks. Luckily there are no overheads for mini.

Our store has the old garden area so that's where I build and store my signs. I always pre-build as much as I can, this way I can start hanging signs right away.

Have to do all my prebuilds in the fixture room ...
right now I have the new tables for softlines for next week going up since we're doing our Halloween set overnight Sunday, Monday, Tuesday.
I'm also coming in Sunday morning so that will be fun.
Not much space left for anything else.
I do like how the instructions for The Shops say you have to have two people.
Like that'll happen.

I will be prebuilding The Shops tomorrow. Coming in overnight Saturday to put those up, takedown any lingering BTS/BTC and try and get to the Fall FOS.

I was going to ask - does anyone have a good way to prebuild the tables for halloween.....without having the tables out? Our Rear seasonal flat won't set until at the earliest wednesday and i have a feeling they will take forever to build. We can't take the tables to the floor until its ready to be set which gives me zero time to work on these. I can't set the tables up in the fixture room (no room) or the backroom (not enough room for more than 1 at a time, and to have to carry them out built is a trek from one end to the other of the store).

We already built the gondolas and put out the tables, so I can't really do anything to them ahead of time.
Anybody else?

Peeling the giant pencil off the window was a real joy.

Has anyone set anything or Halloween yet? Cuz at my store, or BTS was completely decimated, there are literally only two aisles of stuff left and they are just bare so our PTL decided to set a good chunk of Halloween.. We have most of the costumes set as well as all but two or so aisles of mini. Soon, rear seasonal! Yay for trim-a-tree........

I will be prebuilding The Shops tomorrow. Coming in overnight Saturday to put those up, takedown any lingering BTS/BTC and try and get to the Fall FOS.

I was going to ask - does anyone have a good way to prebuild the tables for halloween.....without having the tables out? Our Rear seasonal flat won't set until at the earliest wednesday and i have a feeling they will take forever to build. We can't take the tables to the floor until its ready to be set which gives me zero time to work on these. I can't set the tables up in the fixture room (no room) or the backroom (not enough room for more than 1 at a time, and to have to carry them out built is a trek from one end to the other of the store).

I built everything that goes on the tables yesterday. Mostly they are risers that go on top of the tables, bins for the pumpkins, and bins for the spider webs. Our store will have 4 tables so I built and organized everything by table. I have them ready so when they set the tables I can just put them on top. The only thing that needs to be done for the tables is put the liner on but that will have to wait until the day they set the tables.

Back