MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Yeah do you have big house or just a gondola? I got 20 cases of the H&H wooden shelves and a ton of gondola parts

Just the gondola. I am not anticipating receiving any gondola parts since we have enough to reuse what's moving (unless the H&H side needs something different than a plain gondola). We did already receive two more of the inline shelf units for H&H.

Just the gondola. I am not anticipating receiving any gondola parts since we have enough to reuse what's moving (unless the H&H side needs something different than a plain gondola). We did already receive two more of the inline shelf units for H&H.
You should get a bunch for H&H domestics that is expanding. Also they sent new gondola parts even kick plates assuming you only have what you need for seasonal after the fixture room refresh. So we got a bunch of stuff we definitely don’t need. Also a bunch of risers

We got a lot of new H&H fixtures; but that's because they decided to expand our hearth and hand.... We were a one gondola store and no house.

You should get a bunch for H&H domestics that is expanding. Also they sent new gondola parts even kick plates assuming you only have what you need for seasonal after the fixture room refresh. So we got a bunch of stuff we definitely don’t need. Also a bunch of risers

We have three 12' long gondolas coming down for this set so we should be able to use those parts. What are the risers possibly for? I don't want any more 14" shelves I won't use!

how long has only one vehicle on the floor been a thing? we got nailed for it last week by some super high up corporate ppl and it's making setting pogs super difficult after the store opens.

how long has only one vehicle on the floor been a thing? we got nailed for it last week by some super high up corporate ppl and it's making setting pogs super difficult after the store opens.

2 years for us. We don't enforce it all the time but gets mentioned now and then. Presentation tends to get a little break.

We've technically been one cart/person for awhile. But no one enforces it. I usually stick to one for settings pogs and most of the time it works out just fine.

We've technically been one cart/person for awhile. But no one enforces it. I usually stick to one for settings pogs and most of the time it works out just fine.

it's been really irritating when setting certain pet pogs where a large majority of stuff is moving significantly. i'm either putting stuff on the floor once i run out of room in my three-tier or putting it on the shelf behind me temporarily.

ig i could always use a u-boat or flat with repacks. three-tiers are just easier and most of the time faster imo.

it's been really irritating when setting certain pet pogs where a large majority of stuff is moving significantly. i'm either putting stuff on the floor once i run out of room in my three-tier or putting it on the shelf behind me temporarily.

ig i could always use a u-boat or flat with repacks. three-tiers are just easier and most of the time faster imo.

I definitely stack on the floor more than I would have 10 years ago. I try never to leave it on floor longer than necessary and also try not to leave anything on the floor when I go on break.

Thank you so much, DC, for putting the H&H plastic back panels on the bottom of the pallet and then stacking 400 lbs. of steel on top of it. I'll be lucky if any of them are useable.

Ah, so that's what was on the bottom and the cause of needing ana extra long pallet instead of sending it separately and two normal pallets! I was wondering but my VM now sorts the pallets and I never know what we got. I'm two weeks behind on pog signing because I don't know what came in and don't have time to sort through it to see. Setting home this week is going to be real fun. 🙄

Ah, so that's what was on the bottom and the cause of needing ana extra long pallet instead of sending it separately and two normal pallets! I was wondering but my VM now sorts the pallets and I never know what we got. I'm two weeks behind on pog signing because I don't know what came in and don't have time to sort through it to see. Setting home this week is going to be real fun. 🙄

The VM at my store has sorted the pallet once. I brought this up to the specialty ETL last week. A lot of talking at me ensued. Long story short, it's EVERYONE'S responsibility to do it. Well that's just great. No one will do it. But it falls mainly on me since most of the team comes to me with questions.

1) missing labels This is mostly an issue on the reverse side of the label strip for any label needed on the left side (usually) at the end of the pog.

2) poor perferations. Lately the label strips start falling apart immediately. This makes it difficult to handle them before they are set. Perferations need to be stronger to handle multiple people rifling through them. Conversely, some of the strips seem to be too strong and are difficult to separate when placing. There doesn't seem to be a happy medium anymore.

3) label placement. Not sure this is fixable from a printing standpoint, may be a pog design issue. Labels for items that overlap sections close to the end of the strip are often printed as short labels instead of full labels.

4) uncoiled strip box. This is a win. It is so much easier to rifle through the strips in this set up.

5) cutoff labels. On occasion, labels for items that take up the entire shelf will print on the wrong side of the strip and only print half the label missing the barcode.

So I received a correction update and replies from that team:

No stores have been receiving strips from in-house pilot yet. I'll forward communication once it happens.

#1 and 5 have been forwarded. #3 is by design when it converts the file into a readable format to print. #2 is being tweaked; they would like to know exactly what you're looking for. Right now they have it to where you can press your thumb between the perforation and slide downwards and it will split.

So I received a correction update and replies from that team:

No stores have been receiving strips from in-house pilot yet. I'll forward communication once it happens.

#1 and 5 have been forwarded. #3 is by design when it converts the file into a readable format to print. #2 is being tweaked; they would like to know exactly what you're looking for. Right now they have it to where you can press your thumb between the perforation and slide downwards and it will split.

Did you ask if they can provide extra blank strips?

Back