Archived Skipping a tier or 2 when promoting from TM to a management role?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I mean with my title is the hypothetical of being promoted from TM to say SrTL or even ETL and the likelihood of that happening.

Last edited:
In my experience, there is a big difference in the treatment you receive when the carrot is in front of you + you're helping lead your department compared to when you're actually doing everything associated with being a TL that you can't do yet. I'm sure it's possible to go up multiple tiers in one swoop, but I haven't seen any in my area. The treatment my STL gave me was very similar to yours when I was developing and drastically changed when I actually promoted (first to TL, and then even more so as a SR). ASANTS though so it could be different for you. :)

It's very difficult to say that a TM deserves to be a SrTL over any current TLs. Rarely does anyone get promoted to ETL within the same store, so, again why would a TM be promoted to ETL over every other SrTL in the district? I've seem many TMs inquire about this subject, believing their newly acquired degree automatically qualifies them to be an ETL.

I have mentioned this before. We had a tm at my store to get promoted to etl. From my understanding he went in for a seasonal job interview they were impressed and told
Him he would be better suited for a srtl or etl position. He worked as a tm through the Christmas season. Did his interviews in late JAn was promoted soon after. So its very very rare but can happen.

Last edited:
I saw an overqualified TM get hired seasonally for flow, then get promoted to ETL-HR in under a year, then to STL less than 2 years after that, so about 2.5 years from TM to STL. Very, very rare, but possible.

I saw a longtime TM get promoted to ETL shortly after they finished their degree. They're now on their second rotation and will soon be STL.

It's very difficult to say that a TM deserves to be a SrTL over any current TLs. Rarely does anyone get promoted to ETL within the same store, so, again why would a TM be promoted to ETL over every other SrTL in the district? I've seem many TMs inquire about this subject, believing their newly acquired degree automatically qualifies them to be an ETL.

We have this one TL who has a 4 year degree and she keeps telling everyone that she has a 4 year degree and should be an ETL :rolleyes:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back