Archived SL Price Change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

Looking for some clarification on the clearance process specifically softlines. I'm new to the company and I am genuinely confused on how clearance works. My STL has come to me about my SL clearance being red.

Anyways due to hours and staffing I only have team members available to do clearance Friday, Saturday, Sunday. And again due to hours they have to push first for however long it takes then jump into clearance. They typically do not finish the previous week of markdowns. He said that causes us to be red. Each day of markdowns must be activated that day. Okay that's fine. I will have to activate it daily then have them go back and mark it? Or does that count against us to activate them during the week and then actually mark on the weekend?

Next question is salvage(huge issue in my store all around). I was told that for example:

Team member finds 30 tees that are salvage and processes them.

2 weeks later they fine 5 more that were blended into another pile.

For whatever reason when they scan the 5 they found under price change it says 0 on hand.

I'm told that since on hands are 0. I have to go to the register and process them out as salvage/defective and not use the salvage button on the zebra. That processing them after on hands are 0 causes me to be red.

I don't feel like that makes sense? How does processing found merchandise make us red?

Last question does anyone have any tips to maintain or get green? I want to succeed in this position but this has really been a thorn the last few weeks.

Thanks for any help guys! I really appreciate it!!

Last edited:
First of all, you must schedule differently, or you will always be red. Price change should be done Sunday - Friday, or it will be late (red). You can work price changes 1 day ahead. The Softlines PC schedule is:
Monday--kids
Tuesday--RTW
Wednesday--mens
Thursday--shoes/ling
Friday--accessories
So, you can start kids on Sunday, finish it on Monday and start RTW, then finish RTW on Tuesday, etc.
Price changes can be done at any time of day. Is it because of availabilities that you schedule only on the weekends? Because PC has always been a morning process before, people think it still has to be, but you can schedule it for when it works for you.

Salvage is another issue. There are 4 steps to markdowns--firsts, furthers, finals, and salvage. When you do final markdowns, it changes the count of the item, so if you mark 5 shirts to a final, but the system said you owned 3, the count now goes up to 5. Lets say you sell 1. Now, 2 weeks later, you are expected to find 4 to salvage. If you salvage only 2, that would be red. Taking shirts to the service desk to salvage when found later doesn't really help.

You will need help to dig out of the mess so you can catch up. Have the team make sure to get a good zone and do reshop in whatever area is to be marked down the following day. If your store has a POG TL who has been there for awhile, ask him for help. If not, reach out to another store that is successful with the process.

April/May is q4 for Softlines! Everyone is struggling to get everything done. Ask for help and tell your HR what your hiring needs are to be successful.

Wow! Tons of great information, thank you!

It's definitely due to team availability and hours that I have been scheduling that way. I can usually staff 2 pushers in the am and 3 to 4 zoners at night. Night shift is mostly minors so time is limited and I rather them zone. Especially on a night it's only 3. I spoke to my STL about the feedback you had given. I came up with a game plan that I think will allow me to get markdowns done on time to achieve the green. My STL seemed positive about it.

I also looked into Jas and scheldued a few interviews. Hopefully if they work out I can have someone on as a pricing team/zone through each week!

Thank you so much for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back