SmartCount Scan 🔍

SuperTarget

Former Team Member/Leader
I thought I would share some pictures of the SmartCount process that Target has been piloting.
I had a lot of fun with it and it’s a very good first implementation.

Salesfloor tickets are an orange sticker from a Zebra printer. Stickers/Locators are scanned first, items counted, and sticker/locater scanned again to end the locator. For Salesfloor the app will give you a total item count for Box 2 on the sticker and a code for Box 3. These are similar to WIS area tickets.

For Backroom the process is similar but the Backroom location (“locator”) is scanned instead of a sticker. No box numbers need to be filled out for backroom.

The app allows you to type in quantities for any non-A&A items but it’s encouraged to scan each item if quantity is below 10. Miss-scans can be easily deleted and quantity’s can be changed before submitting. One the location is submitted the app reminds you of your last location. Attempting to scan an already counted location will display a warning saying it’s already been counted but you can press “Recount Location” if you want to redo your count.

Locators can also be manually typed in for backroom locations that aren’t scannable and DPCIs/UPCs can be manually inputted.

Data is transmitted automatically and if there is 10 or more pending locations to transmit if does give you a warning that you may need to move closer to access point but I only got this when going pretty fast with empty locations and it transmits pretty fast.

Attachments

• IMG_0649.jpeg
    IMG_0649.jpeg
    874.5 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_0638.jpeg
    IMG_0638.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 75
  • IMG_0639.jpeg
    IMG_0639.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0640.jpeg
    IMG_0640.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0641.jpeg
    IMG_0641.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0642.jpeg
    IMG_0642.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG_0643.jpeg
    IMG_0643.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0644.jpeg
    IMG_0644.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0645.jpeg
    IMG_0645.jpeg
    904.9 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
As someone who is in charge of managing this process for my group, I would delete the one of the orange sticker. The control numbers are specific to your stores sticker ranges and anyone who deals with zebra can find your store number from that.
While this is accurate for the actual stickers, the picture posted is of the scan screen and has a generic picture for all devices.

Back