Archived So half of food avenue and Starbucks was fired today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catalina

Bullseye Biatch!
I guess our ap is cracking down on giving discounts as a bunch of people from stabucks, food avenue, and a gsa were fired. Do they normally fire for this at your store? I can't believe so many people were fired in one day, and everyone's surprised they didn't get corrective action. How do theyes handle it at your store.

Last edited:
I guess our ap is cracking down on giving discounts as a bunch of people from stabucks, food avenue, and a gsa. Do they normally fire for this at your store? I can't believe so many people were fired in one day, and everyone's surprised they didn't get corrective action. How do theyes handle it at your store.

We had a few fired in batchs. They consider non authorized discounts stealing, that goes right to a term.

We have seen this in our food avenue. But in our cases "discounts" were just free food altogether.

its not a cracking down. its team members giving unwarranted discounts/stealing. ap found out and fired everyone involved once they reached a certain $ level.

A couple years back we had two people fired out of SB/FA in one day for that. I felt bad for the second one. She was just a sweet 16 year old who I think was following the other one's lead. This past 4th quarter we had a cashier fired for doing the same thing. They had someone come in from the IC and watch her on camera her entire shift and everything. It was crazy. But...if you are giving out unauthorized discounts, expect to find yourself out of s job, eventually.

Damn, who worked food avenue then? And for the same thing or something else?
Couple cashiers and a guest attendant. The TL didn't get fired. And yea it was discount abuse. MAJOR discount abuse.

Unauthorized markdowns/discounts are taken pretty seriously. 99% of the time they will end in termination of the employee.

This really shouldn't surprise anyone. You steal from Target and get caught you will be fired. And most likely they will prosecute even small amounts.

This happened at our store several years back. They fired all but one Food Ave TM & the TL at the time. They also fired a GSTL as well because they decided he was partly to blame. They would do things like ring up a cup of cheese, but then give out an entire pretzel combo. Another problem was the pizzas; when they went past the 20 minute window time, they would just give them away to TMs instead of throwing them in the trash. So TMs started expecting free pizza & that it was normal to not pay for it. Luckily for me, I only ever covered breaks over there & never got caught up with their shenanigans. Target has a zero tolerance policy on stealing and what was going on was just that, theft.

What's considered an unauthorized discount? I'm in Guest Service, so I give out discounts left and right depending on the situation.

They were fired specifically over giving away free/discounted drinks/food to employees and friends.

They were fired specifically over giving away free/discounted drinks/food to employees and friends.
Glad this was clarified because I was sweating bullets all night. No joke, I was like "great, i'm about to be fucked for Vibe" but probably not.

Like, real talk, it super sucks but they had that coming. I have a lot of negative feelings about the 20 minute hold on pizzas and then just throwing them out, because we throw out SO much pizza and I feel like (ie i'm probably wrong) they could be held for longer than that so we don't have to make and throw out all this food. I know they can't all be free but it's hard to shake the probably-Marxist feeling of "captains of industry want us to starve" sorta junk. Problem is, it's still their game and their rules. So.... bummer, dudes, but what did you expect.

My gsa who was fired clarified for me that the rest of the front end hasn't been affected. She worked at Starbucks too and that's why she was affected. I was worried about vibing and discounts to guests but she's said I shouldn't worry.

I'm always cautious with getting a break snack at my food ave, ever since they tried to slip in a freebie. I had to insist they charge me correctly.

Last edited:
I had a FATL fired for stealing food 2 months after he started and at Christmas time.

I posted this one before in another thread:

Years ago, when I was in the orientation session, the leader said that a young girl in Food Avenue was termed because she ate some popcorn that was left over at closing time.

I, too, hate when food is wasted. However, if you let TMs get away with stuff like that, then you have them making more than is needed so they have some leftover for themselves at the end of the night.

Also, it is a bad example and unfair to the TMs in the rest of the store who don't work Food Ave. It doesn't take much for some people to think, well, they get that, so I'll pocket this item or take a ten from the cash drawer. Hell, we have never had that problem at our Food Average and we've still termed many TMs for stealing product or cash.

We had a cashier fired recently. Not entirely sure why, wasn't there when it happened, and what I heard from others was vague. I assumed it was theft, but it might have been something more borderline like inappropriate discounting. I was told our APTL walked him over to the stores ATM, had him withdraw $, and then had him hand it over. I imagine it was basically an ultimatum in the form of "You pay back x amount, or we press charges.".

Problem is, those agreements aren't legally binding as far as I am aware, and you paying can be construed as an admission of guilt if charges are later pressed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back