Archived So I am in overtime

Status
Not open for further replies.
8 hours!!! How did that happen when a normal schedule is always under 30 hours/week.
My ETL wants to check last week's schedule to see how it happened.

But seriously Target, when you pay your employees less than $10/hour, you could cut us some slack. And get some timeclock that are more accurate!!

I am stressing out about the meeting tonight.

Last edited:
I question you could not know you were at the point where you were on overtime. Come on, 8 HOURS? How could you not realize that? You shoulder a large part of that blame.

Yeah, the timeclock tells you how many hours you've worked (besides the current day) everytime you clock in or out. Once you hit 37 hours, but you're still scheduled more days in the same week, you (should) get to take the rest of your work week off, because they can't schedule you for less than 3 hours.

That's the thing! ding ding ding. Last time I punched in, last day of the week, the timeclock said I was at 30.00 hours. And how could anyone NOT see that I was close to 48 hours? They watch OT closely and even have a sheet by the timeclock showing who is going to hit OT soon. Seriously, if I go over 32 hours, that's a good week. I never check for OT since I am always at least 8 hours from it.
My only guesses are hours from the previous week that counted for the following week (saturday overnight) and comp shop hours that were entered into the system too late thus not showing on the time clock.

That's the thing! ding ding ding. Last time I punched in, last day of the week, the timeclock said I was at 30.00 hours. And how could anyone NOT see that I was close to 48 hours? They watch OT closely and even have a sheet by the timeclock showing who is going to hit OT soon. Seriously, if I go over 32 hours, that's a good week. I never check for OT since I am always at least 8 hours from it.
My only guesses are hours from the previous week that counted for the following week (saturday overnight) and comp shop hours that were entered into the system too late thus not showing on the time clock.

Thats what happened, when you work O/N on Saturday, everything after midnight goes towards the next week.:disappoint:

Have them print out your punches. That will show if you did or did not.

There is a list on wall above timeclock, saying what tm's or tl's are close to overtime (40 hours). Look for it, then cut your hours.

There is a list on wall above timeclock, saying what tm's or tl's are close to overtime (40 hours). Look for it, then cut your hours.

He already said he doesn't make a habit of checking it since he normally only works around 32 hours a week.

The other way can ck your punches is on ehr. Op may of Been over his normal schedule on the last day. Or fix my punch was done incorrectly.
At my store, the etl's are aware on who is approaching OT. they will start telling you to watch your time, at the beginning of your shift. Then look at OT list on wall on how much time to cut.

you should be scheduled for the comp shop, and using the time clock. This is current best practice. You show up at the store, punch in, and then upon returning use Ehr to add meal punches if taken, then punch out for the day. That way once the ETL-HR approves the lunch punch, the hours on the time clock are correct.

The only problem with this is it's a list of TMs approaching overtime with the hours they are scheduled. Normally I'm only scheduled 5-6 hours but have been working 8 or a bit more. My ETL-LOG & TL add hours to our schedule & they know who will stay to help finish the truck & help backstock. My name was not on the list but I was about 25 minutes over & had to leave early or be in overtime. I wouldn't mind the overtime but I didn't complain about leaving early, either. :)

So, I am scheduled for 40 hours this week...how ballistic are they going to go if I go a few minutes over? I've never been scheduled for this many hours before and we RARELY get out on time...

You may get a chat with your ETL-HR, but you won't be put on CA or anything severe. You should try to punch out on time at all costs however, because making OT a habit is a quick way to get in trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back