Archived So I might get hired on

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a seasonal overnight flow team member and i'm close to my 90 day period. One of the LoD pulled me aside away from the others and told me that they are in between about keeping me on. The LoD said that I know where everything is and what not and that I should push myself even harder to impress them even more. I was the only one that got pulled away from the other seasonal team members, but I feel like it is just a ruse to get me to work even harder but still will not keep me on. Anyone been in this situation before and if so did they actually keep you or were they just full of it and should i just work as normal?

I'm a seasonal overnight flow team member and i'm close to my 90 day period. One of the LoD pulled me aside away from the others and told me that they are in between about keeping me on. The LoD said that I know where everything is and what not and that I should push myself even harder to impress them even more. I was the only one that got pulled away from the other seasonal team members, but I feel like it is just a ruse to get me to work even harder but still will not keep me on. Anyone been in this situation before and if so did they actually keep you or were they just full of it and should i just work as normal?

I truly hope he wasn't just saying that, but I'm absolutely horrified that they would use that as a "motivator". I think he was probably telling the truth. Just do your best, try to put in a little more effort, and decide if you want to work for someone that would say something like that to you. It seems really...crappy... to me.

Just going on my store but if they pulled you aside like that then they saw some potential and are hoping you'll live up to it.
Not saying it couldn't a ruse but what does it matter?
Just do the best possible job you can and if it's good enough, the job will be there.

What do you have to lose? Worst they can do is end your employment, but then again you signed a piece of paper agreeing to that...

Just show up with a good attitude and maybe put forth that extra bit of effort to put yourself a cut above the rest... Even if they still don't keep you on, you can be proud that you did a good job -- and they will probably be happy to reference for you.

idk if that was a ruse, but target does indeed use them. If the keep you on, and then a year down the road tell you that you are team leader potential and it's time to put your best foot foward for a while, then THAT is most definately a ruse!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back