Archived So long, farewell

Status
Not open for further replies.

sigma7

Former ETL-All the Things
After over 10 years with ol’ Red my Target journey has finally come to an end. I just couldn’t be on board anymore with the directives and expectations changing daily and leadership forgetting that the team always has been and always will be a business’s most important resource. I really wanted to believe in modernization and I still think that the end goal makes a whole lot of sense to stay competitive long term...it’s just that the path we’re on right now doesn’t make sense to me anymore. When my leadership can’t define what success looks like anymore, when my leadership tells me “it’s different for every store” whenever I ask for guidance, when I’m being told to believe that 2+2=5...it’s just time for me to find something new.

So best of luck to everyone still with Target. I really do hope things start to make sense again and Target can once again become the workplace that I loved for so many years. I was fortunate to have some fantastic leaders in the past decade and have worked alongside some of the best people (TM to Group level) I could ever wish to know.

I haven’t been consistently active on here in a while, so I don’t even know if anyone remembers me or will care about this post, but thebreakroom holds a lot of special memories for me too. Met some friends through here and loved the supportive environment where we could learn from each other when our leaders weren’t giving us enough.

Last edited:
I haven't been on here long, but I enjoyed your recent posts and found them insightful. It was obvious you cared about and believed in the company -- and wanted to believe in it going forward. With that much time invested, leaving couldn't have been an easy decision. Wishing you all good things!

Powerful-Crying-Gif-From-Doctor-Who_408x408.jpg

After over 10 years with ol’ Red my Target journey has finally come to an end. I just couldn’t be on board anymore with the direct investment and expectations changing daily and leadership forgetting that the team always has been and always will be a business’s most important resource. I really wanted to believe in modernization and I still think that the end goal makes a whole lot of sense to stay competitive long term...it’s just that the path we’re in right now doesn’t make sense to me anymore. When my leadership can’t define what success looks like anymore, when my leadership tells me “it’s different for every store” whenever I ask for guidance, when I’m being told to believe that 2+2=5...it’s just time for me to find something new.

So best of luck to everyone still with Target. I really do hope things start to make sense again and Target can once again become the workplace that I loved for so many years. I was fortunate to have some fantastic leaders in the past decade and have worked alongside some of the best people (TM to Group level) I could ever wish to know.

I haven’t been consistently active on here in a while, so I don’t even know if anyone remembers me or will care about this post, but thebreakroom holds a lot of special memories for me too. Met some friends through here and loved the supportive environment where we could learn from each other when our leaders weren’t giving us enough.
Spot’s loss. Please stay in touch. I will remain your friend.

The craziest thing to me is that it’s been a few days now and I still have no regrets about leaving. I never thought I would be the kind of person to just turn in an immediate resignation. I always figured I would do a full two weeks at a minimum and have a job lined up, but I didn’t when I decided to quit. Turning in my notice and walking out the door felt right at the time and everyday I’m more and more confident I made the right decision.

My high stress has all but disappeared and I’m not miserable...even though I have every reason to be with me stuck knee deep in the job search and no immediate plan for work. The only part I was maybe subconsciously planning was to have enough savings to last me at least 6 months. I just feel so at peace with my decision to leave for my mental/emotional/physical health and my happiness. Never looking back!

Just an update on me (maybe presumptive of me to think it matters, but I digress):

Just signed an offer with Amazon that is way better than I ever made at target, and that's before counting awarded stock and sign-on bonus. Plus I'm eligible for OT again and was told to expect to add on around 10k from OT alone. And I'll be working days only, 4 days on and 3 days off. I don't even remember the last time I had 3 days in a row off at Target that I didn't have to ask for. Oh and the best part is that I'll actually be getting to do HR versus being ETL-HR and having to lead operations and LOD and all that while also spending extra time after that everyday to do my HR functions. Overall I just couldn't be happier with the way things have turned out.

After I retired from my chosen career, I took this job 6 years ago to supplement my income. Retail was new to me so I had a lot of questions regarding procedures. Most often it was you that provided the needed direction. Of course, there were others, but your responses always struck a chord with me, they seemed honest, direct and mature and always resolved the situation. I'm greatful for your help.
Good luck to you, not that you need luck. You will certainly be an asset to those around you.

(I was using a different screen name then, I changed it because i thought it might have given my location away.)

Just an update on me (maybe presumptive of me to think it matters, but I digress):

Just signed an offer with Amazon that is way better than I ever made at target, and that's before counting awarded stock and sign-on bonus. Plus I'm eligible for OT again and was told to expect to add on around 10k from OT alone. And I'll be working days only, 4 days on and 3 days off. I don't even remember the last time I had 3 days in a row off at Target that I didn't have to ask for. Oh and the best part is that I'll actually be getting to do HR versus being ETL-HR and having to lead operations and LOD and all that while also spending extra time after that everyday to do my HR functions. Overall I just couldn't be happier with the way things have turned out.

Congratulations on your new HR job!

After I retired from my chosen career, I took this job 6 years ago to supplement my income. Retail was new to me so I had a lot of questions regarding procedures. Most often it was you that provided the needed direction. Of course, there were others, but your responses always struck a chord with me, they seemed honest, direct and mature and always resolved the situation. I'm greatful for your help.
Good luck to you, not that you need luck. You will certainly be an asset to those around you.

(I was using a different screen name then, I changed it because i thought it might have given my location away.)
I'm really happy that I was able to help you out. That was always my goal here and in store. I'm sure most would agree that training in stores leaves something to be desired and that even a lot of the veterans (TM all the way up) still don't really understand how all the systems and processes work by themselves let alone how they work in tandem with the rest of the systems and processes. I just wanted to always help my team and store and the members here really understand what we were doing, why we were doing it, and ways to do whatever we were doing better and faster. And it means a lot that after all these years you still remember me. Makes me all warm and fuzzy @pvttgt

Congratulations on your new HR job!
Thanks @HRLady! I'm really excited to start! And to be able to really focus on HR impact :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back