Archived So somebody wanted to bomb Target stores...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw the headline and figured it was some crackpot talking nonsense, but then I actually read it today... He already had real bombs ready to go, hidden inside empty packages of food. If he had decided to plant them himself without involving anyone else, he very likely would have succeeded. Which is pretty scary...

Zoning market & finding a bomb in the frozen food.
On walkie:
Me: please come to g17, without delay, please.
Lod: what?
Me: come now!
Lod: coming now.
Me: ok
Lod comes to market.
Me: please call 911, about this package that is ticking & I am not letting go.
Lod: oh shit!
Me: stay calm & clear the area please. I am staying right here.
Police are on the way...

Zoning market & finding a bomb in the frozen food.
On walkie:
Me: please come to g17, without delay, please.
Lod: what?
Me: come now!
Lod: coming now.
Me: ok
Lod comes to market.
Me: please call 911, about this package that is ticking & I am not letting go.
Lod: oh shit!
Me: stay calm & clear the area please. I am staying right here.
Police are on the way...
Meanwhile, at my store...

-find a bomb in a box of spaghetti-
Me: LOD please, LOD?
LOD: Go for LOD.
Me: Go to four.
LOD: On four.
Me: There's a bomb in a box of spaghetti here in G22. I can see it through the fucking plastic inset of the box. Please call 911, we need to get everyone out of here.
LOD: ...
Me: (LOD's name)?
LOD: -puts down walkie-
LOD: -walks out to parking lot-
LOD: -drives far, far away-

I'd walk out the nearest exit with it.
1. Because you don't know how long until it goes off so you may not evacuate fast enough and if you get it outside you lower the risk of some random person walking by and getting hurt
PS no I'm not suicidal just former military so I'm willing to give up my life if it can potentially safe another

I'd walk out the nearest exit with it.
1. Because you don't know how long until it goes off so you may not evacuate fast enough and if you get it outside you lower the risk of some random person walking by and getting hurt
PS no I'm not suicidal just former military so I'm willing to give up my life if it can potentially safe another
I don't mean this to be sycophantic or mushy, but people really tend to overlook the significance of those who serve and what they're willing to do for people they won't ever know.

We live in a whole new world now. I am honestly a little pissed that I found this out online while reading the news. We have huddles for every damn little thing you think they could have called the team together and let them know this happened, people may ask you about it and it was taken care of. I already work in a store with a ticking time bomb TL, I do not feel safe at all in my store anymore. This TL is going to completely snap soon everyone sees it and there is not one damn thing we can do about it. Now this. Targets favorite way to deal with conflict? pull the covers over your head, it might go away

Meanwhile, at my store...

-find a bomb in a box of spaghetti-
Me: LOD please, LOD?
LOD: Go for LOD.
Me: Go to four.
LOD: On four.
Me: There's a bomb in a box of spaghetti here in G22. I can see it through the fucking plastic inset of the box. Please call 911, we need to get everyone out of here.
LOD: ...
Me: (LOD's name)?
LOD: -puts down walkie-
LOD: -walks out to parking lot-
LOD: -drives far, far away-

Mean while at my store-

Me: LOD?

Silence

Me: LOD?

Silence

Me: Anyone near the LOD?

Random TM- I saw them in their office, I think

Anothet random Tm- I think they are helping a guest.

Lod- Was someone looking for the LOd?

Me basically dying at this point...

Me: Can you please come to G15?

LOD- Is it something that we can go to 3 over?

Me: No... Your gonna want to come over here. Stat!

5 minutes later.....

Lod- Sorry I got caught up by guest...NO Kiddie?

Im miles away from the building at this point. Ill be at taco bell if you need me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back