Archived So uh... what to do with back stock during pulls/reshops?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello to everyone! I am a new flow TM that was recently taken on after being seasonal, and have used this forum for info on every step of the way starting since looking up interview tips. Very helpful!

Since I started as a very late seasonal and I don't think they expected to keep me on, my training was rather minimal and in only one section, doing one thing. Now that I have other tasks, I feel quite a bit behind. So my question is, when there are things to back stock after doing pulls or reshops, what do we do with them? I know they have to go to the backroom, but other than that, I am not sure what we do. I am afraid to ask coworkers since they would expect me to know by now. And is there a different process for say, baby food than general merchandise?

Thanks!

Each store handles getting backstock to the BR differently. If your main job is to push, then push. Leave the backstock in the specified area (determined by your store's process) and move on to the next aisle. If you have a three-tiered cart or a regular cart with you for backstock, order the backstock by fill group until the cart is full or you move on to another ( different fill group) area.

Oops, maybe should have been more clear... I meant, after the general flow stuff, when there are no back stock carts at the ends of aisles. Like when taking a cart of pulls out by yourself, if you have things left over, the process of taking them to the back room. After a lot of searching on here I think... They go on a 3 tier cart with a pink clip on them, and put the cart in an empty area?

Yes, 3 tiered cart with a pink backstock clip and put near unload line. Or near the fillgroup location in the backroom. Also, you could learn how to backstock and do it yourself. Might get more hours that way.

Also, if you only have a few items of backstock ( and you don't know how to backstock) add it to another tub, flat or three tiered cart , of backstock in the backroom. It helps keep the backroom more organized and frees up tubs, carts etc for future pulls. One of my biggest peeves is someone bringing back a three tiered cart with one bottle of shampoo that's backstock...then they just put a backstock clip on it and leave. When...two feet away is a tub that already had backstock on it. Just add it to the tub...

I will try my best, don't want to anger any backroom TMs, as they seem to be busy enough as it is! Once I figure out which is which...

I will try my best, don't want to anger any backroom TMs, as they seem to be busy enough as it is! Once I figure out which is which...
Just ask a backroom TM "Where do you want this? - it's backstock." Half the time they'll just take it and backstock it right away. If they're too busy they'll tell you where to put it.

That should also come in handy, I don't think I have ever seen anything for back stock there, so they must try to get it put away really quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back