Archived So we now have no time clocks at my store!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like I'd have to keep my "I totes don't work here" disguise in my cart so I could put it on as soon as I scanned this magical barcode. I've lost a name badge and sometimes I forget it at home, so I think the same would happen with this thing.

I'd waste just as much time because I'd have to return my equipment some time before my shift ends. Or maybe I'd return it at the end of my last break and just work the end of my shift in silence?

That same system was in place when I worked at a certain large Toy store. It was really convenient being able to clock out anywhere. And I know that instead of badges, a lot of stores used to have cards w/ a picture that you would wear. But that was 5+ years ago. Looks like Target is looking to upgrade its archaic system.

This will eventually be the next Team Member
attachment.php

Implated Google Glasses with PDA functions.
Integrated GPS unit to search/locate any item. Also to track the positions of TMs.
Integrated wireless VOIP phone capability. Calls go straight to department TMs.
Morale override chip.

Resistance to the RedCard is futile. You will be assimilated.

Attachments

• borg.JPG
    10.1 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
Uh, Leonhart621, why aren't you putting all that stuff away before you clock out? All that should be done on the clock.

I think the point he was making is that SFTMs are supposed to clock out from the scanners on the floor, cashiers from the registers, Flow in the back room, etc. If they have a PDA/walkie, they then have to walk TO the TSC to put the equipment away, then BACK to wherever to clock out. Therefore, instead of SAVING Spot $$, it's actually COSTING them $$ because TMs are now having to walk TWICE as much....

Once again, another "cost-saving improvement" from Spot that wasn't thought out very well....

buliSBI
You are awesome.

I'm pretty sure we already have Daleks at Target.
They just look like college cheerleaders, athletes, glee club, business, degree clones.
Like the human/Dalek hybrids in Asylum of the Daleks.
Which makes this exchange all the more meaning full if you think of our stores as the asylums and Spot as the Prime.

Dalek Prime Minister: What do you know of the Dalek Asylum?
The Doctor: According to legend, you have a dumping ground. A planet where you lock up all the Daleks that go wrong. The battle-scarred, the insane, the ones even you can't control. Which never made any sense to me...
Dalek Prime Minister: Why not?
The Doctor: Because you'd just kill them!
Dalek Prime Minister: It is offensive to us to extinguish such divine hatred.
The Doctor: [stunned] Offensive?!
Dalek Prime Minister: Does it surprise you to know the Daleks have a concept of beauty?

While I like the idea of being able to clock in/out from anywhere, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense for those of us that use equipment. For cashiers on the registers makes good sense, it's how it was at a previous job of mine.

But if you have to get equipment when you clock in, and turn it in when you clock out, why would these be in separate locations? We only have time clocks in TSC at my store, so not much of an issue at present but who knows.

This reminds me of my store not allowing TMs to use the TSC door. We're expected to clock out, then walk through the store and not have guests ask for help. Same with coming in after 8.

This reminds me of my store not allowing TMs to use the TSC door. We're expected to clock out, then walk through the store and not have guests ask for help. Same with coming in after 8.

TSC door? You have an exit through the areas with the offices/clerical/break room? All we have are two emergency exits. Our TM door is by the GM doors. Maybe it's the area I live in or the fact that Supers have more TMs, but I've never had a guest ask me anything off the clock. I wear a lightweight hoodie during breaks and take my name badge off before leaving the TSC.

Its going to be get to the point that your name badges will have GPS tracking chips. Once you walk into the store it clocks you in, and clocks you out when you leave....or how about the parking lot (in order to keep an eye on the Cart Attendants). And the LOD can track the exactly which TM is where, and can find out which TM is closest to what call button. And who tracks who and how long you are in the breakroom or TMSC.

Just think of the coachings and writeups from that.

Big-Brother-is-Watching-You.jpg

We used to have the name badges that swiped and they were nice, but we have since downgraded to regular badges. For all the reasons that have previously been mentioned, this sounds like it would be horrible for my store. As it stands TSC and the time clocks, and the break room are all in one place. The front door, is not close. Also, the backroom is not close. I need equipment, and work all over the salesfloor, and in the backroom. I don't have a department, and I have a lot of paperwork daily. Do I clock in at TSC? The backroom? When do I get equipment? On the clock, or off?

Oh, and I can completely change my clothes and still get asked to help guests at my store. This has happened. They just know somehow. If I clocked out in the backroom, there is zero percent change i would make it up to the breakroom without getting stopped. Can I bring a off-color hoodie with me to try and disguise myself? if i clock out at receiving can i just go out the dock doors since i mean, i'm not supposed to be in the backroom off the clock anyway?

alright well, long story short i am glad this isn't at my store. i know we definitely have some abusers which this system is certainly intended to stop, but for honest TMs its just another nickel and dime system to squeeze more from that stone.

And what happens as a you walk to the breakroom while off the clock? I guess if a guest asks you a question you can just ignore them. Neat.

This is exactly what I was thinking. You shouldn't hace to clock out until you are AT the breakroom. I get stopped several times on my way there. Time to take off your badge and pretend to be on your phone.

I can be on my phone and in regular cloths and people still ask me for help.

So let me get this straight Anti Vibe, where do you guys keep your equipment? PDA's, walkies, etc. Are you expected to collect that before clocking in? I am assuming this is all before the store opens since you said it was flow and morning backroom. If guests see me walking through the store with a PDA and a red shirt, they are going to assume I am working. Or is this just when the store is closed?

All of our equipment is kept at the TMSC, but our ETL-Log, Backroom TL, and Flow TL snatch all the PDAs and take them to the backroom/receiving. Flow doesn't use walkies at all. The only people that use walkies from 4AM-8AM are the TLs and LOD. POG doesn't get a PDA at all and PA has to go around begging people for a PDA.

I like it EXCEPT that TMS have to clock out in their work centers.... 1) cashiers in my store get walkies, which needs to be signed out on company time... 2) this would cause a huge uprising of TMS having to tell guest they are not on the clock and can't help them, and that could in turn make our guests annoyed... This is ridiculous.... How about TL's start sleeping track of their TMs. I make mine call them out and when they are back so that l

You mean.. they can cut EVEN MORE than they already have?? It's laughable. I got an idea.. how about we take those united way donations and actually do something that benefits the team, you know, the people that actually make the company what it is..?? I'm tired of Target going around bragging.. blah blah blah we donated X-amt of million of dollars (while writing it off on taxes so we pay less % than our workers) .. godforbid they do something to allow the TM's to have a livable wage/hours.. if CostCo could do it, Target could easily. But nickle and diming the min wage employees after you reduce their pay/hours/benefits/insurance is absolutely unforgivable. Target should be ashamed. Crap even Wal-Mart gives their TEAM MEMBERS quarterly bonuses if the store meets their sales goals.. for shame Target, for shame.

I'd have to go to TSC anyway to pick up/drop off equipment to start/end my shift anyway so for start work and end work it's useless.

For lunch it'd be handy, I know we're supposed to sign out equipment on lunch but oftentimes I'd let another TM borrow it and I'd take it back after, now I can skip TSC and take lunch. Same thing for coming back.

I think it's most useful for the cashiers. They often don't have any equipment and the only reason they go back to TSC is to punch in. Now they really don't ever have to go back there. Saves Target money, saves the cashier from having to walk back there.

I don't really care if there are time clocks or not. But I would like a scheduling system that works and is easy to use. MAX is horrific.

Don't count on it. After all, we're talking about spot here & there are SO many glowing examples of stellar operating systems (install sarcasm font).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back