Archived Softlines breakout

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering does it work at ur store on truck days How many people and where is the breakout down!! I miss the days when it happened on the floor.​

It took awhile to get it right, but it seems to be a lot smoother now. Truck unload is at 6am but we start softlines breakout at 8am. We have 7 people on our team and get done in about 2-2.5 hours on average.

Truck unload at 6:00.... SL Breakout starts at 7. ONLY 1 person does it!! At 8:30, 4-5 other TMs push the merch as it becomes available. It's a very "choreographed" system. SL Truck is completed by 1:00, maybe 2:00, everyday, incl backstock.

Truck unload at 6:00.... SL Breakout starts at 7. ONLY 1 person does it!! At 8:30, 4-5 other TMs push the merch as it becomes available. It's a very "choreographed" system. SL Truck is completed by 1:00, maybe 2:00, everyday, incl backstock.

How many pallets do you usually get?

We unload at 4am. After unload is done, one person will hang/sort softlines and then when dayside TM’s come in at 7/8 they push the Z’s.

We've got 2 people doing SL breakout starting at 530a. Sometimes they don't finish until 1pm or later, depending on the size of the truck.

Our unload is at 10 pm 4 girls do the breakout . And at 5 am softlines push team comes (5 of them) they finish before 8 am

6am unload, i do folded breakout around 8. another flow tm does the hanging and sometimes has a sl tm help her until 10am. we're in the backroom. i don't miss breaking out 5 pallets q4 on the floor by myself and having the stl complain to me about it.

Truck unload at 6. Softline breakout starts around 8. We detrash behind the line so that area needs to be clear first. 5 to 6 pallets. 5 tms Done at 10:15 to 10:30

I know backrooms are all different, but where does everyone breakout? We are on the line and take up about 2 bays. Apparently, flow team wants those 2 bays back and now they want to push the 7 of us into a corner by the freezer? We always feel like the redheaded stepchildren that are in everyone else's way.

softline break out begins at 7:30 on back of line all clothes are separated by zone coming off the truck on there own pallets or flats (10,13,14,15,16 and brown boxes) then sorted on tubs and z racks for the departments that they go into done by 2 team members. then dedicated owners on sales floor comes back and grab whatever is ready for there area when they clock in and work throughout shift depending on how much they have along with doing reshop and assisting guest. truck 100% pushed everyday we don't do any hanging back stock only folded. We don't roll over truck to the next day for any areas of the store rather it be hardline, market or softlines and backstock done 100% as well

They breakout what they can then just stack it on pallets shrink wrap it and toss it up in the steel at this point.. There are maybe 7 pallets around and that just means more INF for us SFS peeps..

They breakout what they can then just stack it on pallets shrink wrap it and toss it up in the steel at this point.. There are maybe 7 pallets around and that just means more INF for us SFS peeps..
Wtf. I was reading all the posts thinking “damn we are unloading at 4 and they still don’t finish pushing our soft lines the same day, can’t wait until we switch to 6”, then I read your post. Wow. Wow.

Holy Hell ! When does the A&A Team expect to "catch up"????? Is there a PLAN ??? ( and no, that's not an acronym). Seriously.... is there an actual working plan to address 7 freaking pallets of sell-able, unaccounted-for merchandise?

Holy Hell ! When does the A&A Team expect to "catch up"????? Is there a PLAN ??? ( and no, that's not an acronym). Seriously.... is there an actual working plan to address 7 freaking pallets of sell-able, unaccounted-for merchandise?

Nope no plan that I know of and the hardlines ETL that I mentioned to that those pallets and hammering our INF, she said "I know nothing you can do about it".. They are desperately trying to just work the z-racks they had stacked up or the 50 carts of unsorted that the DTL told them to let build up.. And two of their TL's are done next week along with a three TM"s.. So basically an entirely new team is walking into this disaster..

Some upper level shit is going down and I want no part of it, as long as my boots are kept clean let them shoot themselves in the foot with this BS.

I had a some z racks of swim that we were told (by district) to keep down for replenishment bc we're selling a lot of it. I let all the other leaders know before I left on Tuesday. Yesterday (my day off) I get a text saying that the ETL Log put it all in dump bins & it's up in the steel. :mad:

I had a some z racks of swim that we were told (by district) to keep down for replenishment bc we're selling a lot of it. I let all the other leaders know before I left on Tuesday. Yesterday (my day off) I get a text saying that the ETL Log put it all in dump bins & it's up in the steel. :mad:
The steel is where things go to be forgotten, except transition pallets. Everything else will be forgotten. Our soft lines just stays on the line until it gets pushed or it gets shoved down their aisle in the back room with their metro carts.

When softlines breakout was moved to the backroom at my old store, it was a complete disaster...they did it literally in the center of our main stockroom, with 1-3 z-racks down each aisle. It was a nightmare trying to pull the autofills in Q4.

Eventually they got moved to a different part of the backroom, and they didn’t start until an hour after the unload started. So it was a lot easier to get the pulls out of the way in that area, but then we couldn’t get back there to backstock until after noon. Last I heard, that’s where the SFS expansion is going, so who knows where they’ll end up next...

The steel is where things go to be forgotten, except transition pallets. Everything else will be forgotten.
Must be nice to have so much space that you can afford to have unknown mystery pallets in the steel.

Our break out used to be one person starting at 5:30 on the floor and two others joining in at around 6:15, but I actually think that lately it's only been one other person because they've been trying to cut down. So now they don't finish until around 9 sometimes. And z racks usually don't get done by our track pusher anymore, they usually need a lot of help pushing to come clean.

When softlines breakout was moved to the backroom at my old store, it was a complete disaster...they did it literally in the center of our main stockroom, with 1-3 z-racks down each aisle. It was a nightmare trying to pull the autofills in Q4.

Eventually they got moved to a different part of the backroom, and they didn’t start until an hour after the unload started. So it was a lot easier to get the pulls out of the way in that area, but then we couldn’t get back there to backstock until after noon. Last I heard, that’s where the SFS expansion is going, so who knows where they’ll end up next...

Must be nice to have so much space that you can afford to have unknown mystery pallets in the steel.

Yep the had them in the back but our backroom is so small it grid locks receiving so they got back on the floor, now they do what they can then roll it all back to receiving and it is now taking up just about every extra pallet space we had along with the salvage that now only gets picked up once a week. Its the worst version of tetris ever having to move crap around our tiny backroom.

4am store, breakout team comes at 6am (or 2am/4am on doubles). Breakout happens in our hilariously undersized backroom on the line. 2-3 people (usually 2 as someone is always on vacation this time of year) working 4-5 hour shifts with 7-12 pallets per truck. Breakout generally never gets finished, but neither does SL push so that's ok I guess?

[QUOTE="SFSFun, post: 445485, member: 13096"

Must be nice to have so much space that you can afford to have unknown mystery pallets in the steel.[/QUOTE]
Not so much mystery pallets but big boxes and shippers. I don't know that we have so much space. *Shrug*

Just when I think my store is fucked up, I read this, and we are sittin pretty! My deepest sympathy. WOW

Just when I think my store is fucked up, I read this, and we are sittin pretty! My deepest sympathy. WOW

Yep we have been told if we don't like how the store is run we are free to quit per the DTL.. Hours are what they are and will continue to be..

You can't finish a truck with seven people total doing a 2200 piece truck and having seven and or eight a week.. But this is what they want so pallets in the steel space we don't have is what we get. It got so bad they want to take my box pallets and chuck two of them in the baler..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back