Archived Softlines Planograms

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTGOz

Suitable
Is there like any guidelines on how to navigate the planograms in softlines? Doing SFS was hell when it came time to picking up shirts or clothes. Someone must have ordered Elf and Santa costumes for the whole family and I got lucky because all of that was in one spot, but I still had trouble finding the exact ones.

There's probably plenty of topics out there on this but perhaps it's good to refresh this topic.

Not really. Tables are random and in no particular order, and the amplified gifting shippers are tied to random aisles in the closest department, but you'll never find something on them by looking at the schematic. The only things that never really move or change aisles are packaged basics and folded jeans. Everything else you just have to kind of look at the brand and type of item.

Sorry, but there's really no rhyme or reason because even though items are tied to a pog, they are set per visual adjacency, which means one table might have items from two different POGs, but not all items from a pog. When you work in softlines, it's not so bad, but it does take a while to master the layout of each department.

Not really. Tables are random and in no particular order, and the amplified gifting shippers are tied to random aisles in the closest department, but you'll never find something on them by looking at the schematic. The only things that never really move or change aisles are packaged basics and folded jeans. Everything else you just have to kind of look at the brand and type of item.

I wouldn't say tables are entirely random, but usually placed by brand.

rfid guns will help

What topcat said. RFID gun is a far underutilized tool in most stores. Learn it, love it. It’s a lifesaver. Especially when you get SFS orders for items still sitting in repacks that haven’t been broken out yet. Beyond that learnthe basics of how they split the brands (A New Day, Mossimo Black, etc.) as that is fairly stable, but once the new adjacency is set, in most stores the rest ends up being flex space based on new assortments and the whims of your VM/TL/ETL/STL/DTL all sticking a hand in the mix. Happy Hunting!

What topcat said. RFID gun is a far underutilized tool in most stores. Learn it, love it. It’s a lifesaver. Especially when you get SFS orders for items still sitting in repacks that haven’t been broken out yet. Beyond that learnthe basics of how they split the brands (A New Day, Mossimo Black, etc.) as that is fairly stable, but once the new adjacency is set, in most stores the rest ends up being flex space based on new assortments and the whims of your VM/TL/ETL/STL/DTL all sticking a hand in the mix. Happy Hunting!

RFID Scanner has saved my life all weekend. I was looking for a pair of pants that was hanging up buried in a whole rack of t-shirts so I never thought to look there... it was at the very back of the rack of 20 or so shirts and the RFID scanner saved me there lmao.

Yup, I've learned over the last few days to not think go by schematic and pick labels in softlines. I've learned some of the general areas and still trying to remember the letters associated with each block.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back