Archived Softlines Staff on Black Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did your TMembers do on Black Friday? Did they assign spec TMs to areas to zone all day?
With the 30% and 15% Cartwheel discount,, around 4pm Friday all areas looked like a mini tornado hit.. just so much CHAOS @#$%

at our store the TL assigned Tm's to different area to zone alone all day. it may of helped slightly but just as soon as you straighten up a rack or folded anything.. it was also destroyed.. and then all the questions from the Guests about Apparel or Hardlines stuff "where can i find an electric knife?" and of course none of us had a MyDevice to help.. OH and of course the phone rang continually all day...

Softlines was destroyed, all of it. The SLTL was near tears it was so bad (probably still is).

Yeah a bunch of our softlines ladies have tm numbers starting with one so they have seen it all. My ETL SL was so calm about it. She was like I know its going to be destroyed so I am just going to let this happen.

It was like the Church Rummage Sales that ive been too.. where the customers line up outside and as soon as they open the doors they all run in grabbing things, knocking things over with no regard of anything or anybody..as a TM you sort of feel helpless while they make a royal mess...it's actually really really sad to see this type of behavior, people rooting around for our crappy apparel...

"oh can you tell me where I can find the IRobot vacuum advertised for $199?"

Please tell me, for the love of God, why the Cat & Jack clothes don't have prices?!?!?!

If they are folded they won't have a price, the price is on the shelf (stupid I know). Hanging Cat&Jack should have prices on it. Checking the tag for a price is a good way to tell if something is hanging or folded (if it's lost it's size sticker strip).

Folded Cat & Jack apparel has prices on them next to barcode. I've seen them on leggings and sweatpants ringing them up.

Yeah the folded cat and Jack tags are usually tucked away.

My spftlinew team left zones looking pretty good. There's a bit of softlines reshop, but it's nothing compared to hardlines.

The average guest isn't going to be looking for the shelf barcode though...not for clothing, anyway...they want it on the tag. And the tables of leggings and shirts I was folding didn't seem to have barcodes either. :/

My store stopped using shelf strips on tables after we started RFID. All our tables have a 7x11 price point. It really makes setting POGs & revisions a million times faster.

We were completely destroyed, the last two hours we were told to just pick stuff up from the floor and forget the gobacks, just zoning and make the floor look nice....when the night was over we were left with 7 carts of clothes on the fitting room. And I'm betting tonight might be rough too since the 30%+15% is until tonight :(

at our store the TL assigned Tm's to different area to zone alone all day. it may of helped slightly but just as soon as you straighten up a rack or folded anything.. it was also destroyed.. and then all the questions from the Guests about Apparel or Hardlines stuff "where can i find an electric knife?" and of course none of us had a MyDevice to help.. OH and of course the phone rang continually all day...
Find the electric can openers & the knife is near by.

There was such a lack of management TMs didn't know what to do, some just walked around helping guests. store got destroyed

I agree there was a lack of management on the floor during the daylight hours on Friday. in our softlines, there was no TLs only the ETL who I only saw once..in the morning they assigned TM to different areas of softlines to zone and help customers during the day.. and we stayed alone in our area for 8 hrs. or longer..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back