Archived Softlines/Style Team Lead questions?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What exactly do style team leads do? I have been asked if I was interested in a tl position but softlines at my store is terrible at the moment. I’m afraid if I end up getting the position everything is gonna fall back on me if some miracle doesn’t happen to fix softlines. Also i’ve been told that there will be training along with it but what is the training like? I feel like i’m not the greatest at vmgs and i’ve only ever set one pog, aren’t these things I should know how to do if they’re considering me as a tl? Please help!

What a Style TL does on the daily, generally, depends on a few factors: staffing and experience of those TMs, assigned areas, allocated payroll, etc. If you have a large area (i.e., RTW) and minimal payroll, then you'll be jumping in and tasking quite a bit. With modernization, the focus is on guest service and selling, so you'll have to do lots of observations, role playing and coaching. And setting VMGs and POGs is one of those things that you get better at with time.

I was moved from Hardlines TL to Style TL and I got absolutely zero training; basically thrown into the deep end and told to figure it out. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back