Archived SOFTLINES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today, I was in girls for the first time setting adjacencies.
Question: When tying a table, the table having front and back sections, I would enter, let's say (M21, section 1 for the front). After tying it, the front would read (1-1-1, 1-1-2..,1-2-1, 1-2-2..., 1-3-1, 1-3-2...). The back would read (2-1-1, 2-1-2..., 2-2-1, 2-2-2....) When I entered section:1 and tap next, it automatically sets the back, the second section, correct?

I don't know the answer to your question, but I did want to chime in to say that table "tying" or even how tables or aisles are numbered was NEVER discussed in my training. Not discussed when I was searching for items while re-shopping. I had no idea that the Zebra could identify where an item could be found down to the table area and/or aisle shelf until a hardlines TM who was checking on an item for a phone caller asked me for the specifics on the zebra to locate the item. That, at least, got to me ask someone what the numbers meant and "voila" a mystery explained. I share this for other SL /A & A newbies that there is a key/map and rhyme or reason because it was a complete mystery to me for several weeks. Needless waste of time and effort. Especially frustrating when checking for someone on the phone or helping a guest in store. To the folks who decide training agendas, I would suggest adding this item. 'nuff said.

Today, I was in girls for the first time setting adjacencies.
Question: When tying a table, the table having front and back sections, I would enter, let's say (M21, section 1 for the front). After tying it, the front would read (1-1-1, 1-1-2..,1-2-1, 1-2-2..., 1-3-1, 1-3-2...). The back would read (2-1-1, 2-1-2..., 2-2-1, 2-2-2....) When I entered section:1 and tap next, it automatically sets the back, the second section, correct?
Correct

@beachlover training is terrible at Target. We don't use the table numbers because where they are vs the number makes no sense ever. You'll be at q23 and it's right next to q35 or whatever. It's more helpful to learn which brand tables are where or what have you. But the shelf location is a good thing to know because it's helpful when you're in infant hardlines or if you somehow end up helping a guest in hardlines. Team trainers in my store don't teach that stuff so I used to teach it to new tms so they're not screwed. And because if they don't know, basics all get effed too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back