Someone got my employee ID and I don't want them to have it. What do I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They got it and used it to get a discount without my permission. I am currently furious with this person. Then they come back with saying it was a mistake, they did it "on accident". How bad is it if they just start using it without my permission? Can I change my TM number?

Last edited:
All they need to do is load it on the App and it is there in your wallet.

To apply your team member discount to your Target.com account:
  1. Log into your Target.com account.
  2. Go to your Account.
  3. Select Settings.
  4. Select the three dots next to About me and select Edit.
  5. Enter your team member number with four leading zeros (0000xxxxxxxx).

2. Go to your Account.
  3. Select Settings.

Is the team number on the card? Can’t even remember, never shop at target. Never thought to use it.

I’m all confused in this thread. First, I thought you had to use cash or a red card to use your discount? Second, if the number is on your discount card, couldn’t OP had just have his card stolen?

2. Go to your Account.
  3. Select Settings.
Our apple resellers recently got ahold of a tm number... so we've been voiding it and passing the receipts on to ap.
Voiding it cause they can't answer the questions of where they work or can you produce the card.

Our apple resellers recently got ahold of a tm number... so we've been voiding it and passing the receipts on to ap.
Voiding it cause they can't answer the questions of where they work or can you produce the card.
They need to update the app to reject ™ number addition if name doesn’t match tm, and it should ask for home store number verification

It's even better cause our resellers only know "say these words , scan barcode on phone, bring produxts back here". So if we deviate from their script at all like the tm number questions, or their giftcards lack money they get very confused. So yea verification of home store number would be great.

Just as bad as them using it with your permission.
That doesn't make any sense. If someone steals your credit card and starts buying things with it, is that your fault? We have systems in place to address that. Why would this be any different?

I'm going to talk to someone about this tomorrow regardless. Thank you for all your suggestions and support from everyone not being too judgmental about the situation.

I know you way too well from your posts Amanda and you instantly think the worst of people, which is seriously a problem. If they are doing it without my knowledge then so be it and I will have to change it if I get notified about it. It really shouldn't fall on me if someone steals my information and uses it.
Hi! I’m sorry that you feel that way. You still have not answered how they got it. If they did steal it, then of course it’s not your fault and you shouldn’t be punished. I assumed you would have led with that “my number was stolen what do I do” instead of what you did lead with. If I am mistaken, I’m sorry. But again, you’ve not said that’s the case. If you provided your discount to someone (other than eligible partners/dependents) then that is breaking policy.

The real question is, what other personal info does this person have of yours? Bank acct, 401k, etc..
Seems unlikely. I assume they aren't that much of a fucking asshole. They only wanted my discount code, so looked at my target card. I told them not to use it and they told me just yesterday they did on accident. At any rate, I know who they are so they would get fucked over if they did anything that messed up.
Hi! I’m sorry that you feel that way. You still have not answered how they got it. If they did steal it, then of course it’s not your fault and you shouldn’t be punished.
Edit: They had it months ago but were using their other friends card before this and thought it would be alright to use mine, even after I told them not too. They straight up stole it because they are flippant about this stuff.

Last edited:
Seems unlikely. I assume they aren't that much of a fucking asshole. They only wanted my discount code, looking at my target card. I told them not to use it and they told me yesterday they did on accident. At any rate, I know who they are so they would get fucked over if they did anything that messed up.
Grab their device or phone & deleted. Tell them that you will lose your job because of it.

Seems unlikely. I assume they aren't that much of a fucking asshole. They only wanted my discount code, looking at my target card. I told them not to use it and they told me yesterday they did on accident. At any rate, I know who they are so they would get fucked over if they did anything that messed up.
Ok, now we have context. They went into your wallet and looked at your discount card and got your number. I don’t know how someone “accidentally” applies a discount though 😂

I know you way too well from your posts Amanda and you instantly think the worst of people, which is seriously a problem. If they are doing it without my knowledge then so be it and I will have to change it if I get notified about it. It really shouldn't fall on me if someone steals my information and uses it.

Amanda is computer smart & knows the hacks. Your credit report could impacted due to Id theft.

Ok, now we have context. They went into your wallet and looked at your discount card and got your number. I don’t know how someone “accidentally” applies a discount though 😂
I don't either... That is what bothers me the most. They didn't go through my wallet per se, I was buying something for them online and I left my card out. This person had worked at target before so knew all about this. I told them very seriously not to use it after they admitted it to me. I won't say alcohol was not involved in this initial situation...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back