Someone got my employee ID and I don't want them to have it. What do I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They got it and used it to get a discount without my permission. I am currently furious with this person. Then they come back with saying it was a mistake, they did it "on accident". How bad is it if they just start using it without my permission? Can I change my TM number?

Last edited:
Team member number, gotcha. Ok, so how are they using it? Are they using it when they're purchasing items, using it on a myDevice, or what?

Team member number, gotcha. Ok, so how are they using it? Are they using it when they're purchasing items, using it on a myDevice, or what?
They are using the employee discount. I guess I should have made that clearer. I'll edit my post.

Ah that sucks. It would probably be easier if it was your store. I'd tell AP and HR about the issue ASAP. You can get fired for misusing your discount. If you wait too long to tell them, it'll look like you're an accomplice. If you tell them now, they'll probably tell you to talk to this person and tell them to stop. They can also reach out to their store and start asking for the actual TM discount card or check ID or something.

Ah that sucks. It would probably be easier if it was your store. I'd tell AP and HR about the issue ASAP. You can get fired for misusing your discount. If you wait too long to tell them, it'll look like you're an accomplice. If you tell them now, they'll probably tell you to talk to this person and tell them to stop. They can also reach out to their store and start asking for the actual TM discount card or check ID or something.
I'm definitely going to try to have a talk with this person about this face to face, but I'm not sure if I can trust them to just not use it, especially after this.

I would talk to my other ETLs way before I go directly to AP simply because they may be more sympathetic. I hardly interact with AP at all except the occasional greeting. I feel a bit more confident going to HR about it though.
Talk to AP. If you don’t talk to them, they’ll talk to you, and trust me, the latter will not go well.

Talk to AP. If you don’t talk to them, they’ll talk to you, and trust me, the latter will not go well.
As it is the former might not go well either. If necessary I will but like I said, I would rather talk to an etl I know well for advise first. If I talk to them about it, AP is going to hear about it regardless. I would rather have a manager with more rapport talk to them than just me who they don't know at all. My question now is, what could AP even do about this anyway?

Last edited:
As it is the former might not go well either. If necessary I will but like I said, I would rather talk to an etl I know well for advise first. If I talk to them about it, AP is going to hear about it regardless. I would rather have a manager with more rapport talk to them than just me who they don't know at all. My question now is, what could AP even do about this anyway?

You're fulfillment. You might not know AP, but they know you. They've been watching you whether you know it or not. Just go talk to them. AP isn't the boogie man. They can help you faster than anyone else.

You're fulfillment. You might not know AP, but they know you. They've been watching you whether you know it or not. Just go talk to them. AP isn't the boogie man. They can help you faster than anyone else.
I can vouch. I do GS so to be fair I interact with AP probably way more than fulfillment, but I can confirm they’re not monsters and all I’ve worked with are genuinely good people

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back