Archived Sooooooo a coworker scammed me (possibly)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, i lent a co-worker some money as a loan and have text messages, screenshots, etc of this and it's a fairly large amount of money. Can i take this to HR/ETL-AP?

Well, I don't believe they can do much within Target about getting you the money back. Inform HR and AP that they are asking you and possibly other TMs for money and tell your personal experience. HR might be able to have a talk with the TM. AP would love to hear about the money issues they have and will see if they are involved in any other dishonest activities. About getting your money back if you have Proof that they acknowledged the money as a loan and not a gift you could take them to small claims court.

To my knowledge, this isn't really a store issue. If this person had stolen the money or threatened you for asking for the money back, maybe. Target isn't really trying to get involved in TM affairs that don't directly involve the safety of the store.

Well, I don't believe they can do much within Target about getting you the money back. Inform HR and AP that they are asking you and possibly other TMs for money and tell your personal experience. HR might be able to have a talk with the TM. AP would love to hear about the money issues they have and will see if they are involved in any other dishonest activities. About getting your money back if you have Proof that they acknowledged the money as a loan and not a gift you could take them to small claims court.
True, yeah. Not expecting target to get my money back haha, just wanted to see if anything term-wised could happen to them.

To my knowledge, this isn't really a store issue. If this person had stolen the money or threatened you for asking for the money back, maybe. Target isn't really trying to get involved in TM affairs that don't directly involve the safety of the store.
True, i guess i didn't think of that. I just wanted to see if anything could be done with termination but then i didn't think it had to be store related.

Thank you both!

It is a lot... a looooooooot.
But if i shouldn't get target involved i won't. But trust me TLs and ETLs should know what the TM did right?

It is a lot... a looooooooot.
But if i shouldn't get target involved i won't. But trust me TLs and ETLs should know what the TM did right?
It's up to you. Question is who is more trustworthy between the two of you to their eyes, that's including fellow TMs.

PM me how much. I'm in the same boat with another TM in my store (though she didn't scammed be but owe a decent amount too)

did this TM do it to fellow TMs as well? if it was just you, I'd bring it up if the asking for money was brought up on the clock. also if that TM has asked more than just you for money.

Do you really want to get them fired though, then they aren't making any money and you'll almost certainly never get it back lol

Some lessons are difficult to learn. Loaning money is one of those lessons. It sucks watching people struggle, knowing you could help them out, but all too often, people bail on debt. Don't believe it? Look at the average credit score.

I hope this loss didn't adversely affect you

Had a cashier who scammed a few coworkers by playing up the 'poor single mom' getting loans totaling a couple hundred before self-terming when she stopped showing up.
One of the victims was a friend of mine who herself was a divorced mom.
From what I heard later, a bunch ganged up & ratted her out on Facebook; public shaming at its best.

I dont think there is anything Spot can do about it . I am sure Spot would say...that was your choice to give them the money. I do feel bad for you ...hopefully they will pay up.

As others have said I don't think theres much Target can do. I know of an electronics TM at a store in my former district who scammed like half the store for money. All anyone could really do was tell their fellow TMs not to lend the scumbag any more money. The only reason he's not with the company anymore is because he got arrested for scamming a church (yeah he was that low) and was termed because he didn't show up for any shifts (cause he was in jail).

I'm going to have to go along with the other folks on what Spot can do which is nothing.
Would they like to know if there is a TM scamming folks, I'm sure they would but that will only serve you in the sense that you might feel better if the TM doesn't get the chance to do it to anyone else.
Either way the chances of you getting the money back are pretty slim.
You might want to look into what it takes to make small claims charge.
If you have it in writing that the amount was a loan and she is supposed to pay it back within a certain amount of time you can get a judgement against her for the amount.

First of all I would never loan any money to coworker! Second of all I'm sure Target can't do anything about it because you aren't made agreement with Target to give your coworker a loan. Third, you will need to file small court claim if it's under 2,000 dollars (unless laws changed). Fourth, NEVER give anyone a loan of your money!!!!!! Even your best friend or family member!!!! I been there and done that!

First of all I would never loan any money to coworker! Second of all I'm sure Target can't do anything about it because you aren't made agreement with Target to give your coworker a loan. Third, you will need to file small court claim if it's under 2,000 dollars (unless laws changed). Fourth, NEVER give anyone a loan of your money!!!!!! Even your best friend or family member!!!! I been there and done that!
Different states have different maximums. In mine, it's $5000 or less.

Unless there was some sort of threat made then this doesn't involve Target. Even then Target wouldn't care about the money part most likely. Unless you were literally robbed at the store by the TM.

Small claims court is your best option if you do indeed have documented proof. Those courts usually have max limits of $2000-5000. I know you said it was a lot but I certainly hope you didn't loan them that much money.

If I'm ever loaning money, I do it with the intentions of it never being paid back, or knowing it won't be paid back. Take it to court, it's not hard but it's not easy setting it up. I'd sit down with the TM you loaned money to and tell them you plan on taking them to court if they can't get your money back in x amount of time.

Welp, I'm off to work now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back