Archived speed score.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well at my store my GSTL actually told me point blank ( not kidding) I want speed! If someone is writing a check suspend them..... So I do.......She is really anal on speed so if she doesn't get it you best be suspending.......

Not a good idea to suspend for speed... I was informed that AP has to investigate every suspended transaction, and it might look bad if you are doing it too much. I'm sure they wouldn't say anything to you unless there was loss involved, but hey why take the chance..

Really? Crazy.... My GSTL never informed us of that and she is so anal about speed scores you would think she would say something like that! I better not do that anymore eeks!

I agree that it isn't your fault if the guest takes too long to pay, or if their credit cards are denied, or if they didn't want something and ask you to take it out, its a frstrating experience being a cashier at target.

As a matter of fact, I feel pity for those who are cashiers at Target, you are the hardest working cashiers of all time, you have to scan, bag the item, and continue to pursue the 5% redcard incentive.

Why I say this, because where I live, there are other stores where cashiering is much easier. I'm from MN so we have a store called Cub Foods, you just scan and thats it, the cashier dont do the bagging, you gotta bag all the items yourself. Another store, called Byerly's, they actually have 1 cashier who scans and another person who will bag the item for you. Plus, you can ask to put your items in a personal drive-thru and they will have a person load the items in your car. At other stores such as a Sams'c Club or Costco, you don't even use bags at all and the cashiers just scan your items.

So overall, Target is indeed making the job of a cashier more harder than it thinks. Scan, Bag, and try to get a redcard. So why do you think people shop at Target all the time :p its because they get it easier versus bagging the items themselves at other stores. Wish target had their own self checkout lanes bcus at my store, even the express lanes get crowded when i have to take my lunch and it cuts off my lunchtime when i lose 10 minutes picking out what i want to eat.

Not a good idea to suspend for speed... I was informed that AP has to investigate every suspended transaction, and it might look bad if you are doing it too much. I'm sure they wouldn't say anything to you unless there was loss involved, but hey why take the chance..

Seems like too much of a chore :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back