Service & Engagement Squaretrade being pushed on furniture, toothbrush heads, and other silly items

Square Trade is a big profit for Target. We are supposed to pause to ask our guest each time we are prompted. But you know, despite that, it is a annoyance most times (as it is an annoyance to reply to the POS prompt that they did in fact, really, yes, they just have one head of lettuce as if it is so common that most buy more than one, they got one head of lettuce) - I just reply to the prompt "no" when I see its for something nobody in their right mind would do like pay $30 for an item that cost $35.

Surprised to find a few small appliances that DO NOT bring up the Square Trade prompt. Low-cost Entry-level brewed-coffee makers and toasters aren't bringing up the ST question.

Given how greedy this "product protection" stuff is, how long before you see ST being pushed on linens, pillows, luggage and some of the higher-end apparel and shoes?

My suggestions above weren't totally silly, but my sense of satire did have me wondering what guest response would be if we offered Square Trade protection on See-Spot (Bullsye's Playground) stuff, including the cheap Vivitar cellphone eaccessories.

My suggestions above weren't totally silly, but my sense of satire did have me wondering what guest response would be if we offered Square Trade protection on See-Spot (Bullsye's Playground) stuff, including the cheap Vivitar cellphone eaccessories.
that would put square trade out of business with all those claims

I do wish POS printed more info about the warranty on the receipt such as DONT BRING ITEMS BACK TO STORE

Back