Archived Squaretrade tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, we've started really pushing Squaretrade in my store. Any tips or tricks on making the sale? Any good icebreakers or ways to put it to encourage the guests? Thanks!

For Nintendo 3ds/2ds and Switch hardware, ask if they're buying for a child, and push the fact that accidents do happen with children , and tell them that we do offer a protection plan in case something happens

I always mention how easy it is to set up the account and file a claim. I have like 10 things under my SquareTrade account. Honestly some people don’t get it because they don’t think they can keep up with the info or know how to go about filing a claim.

The reciept fades over time so I always recommend that they register right away because it asks for specific reciept info. Also they should be able to purchase the protection a few day after but the process is different it doesnt seem to link the reciept to the plan so can you explain how it works for them to purchase the plan afterwards.
That's a good idea, @MechanicWife.

From square trade website:
Registration (optional)
You don't need to register for your plan to be active or to file a claim.

Steps to Register:
1) Wait 3 days if you just bought your plan.*
2) Click here or go to squaretrade.com/register. We’ll start by finding your plan.
3) Have your receipt on hand in case you need to upload it.

*We need to wait up to 3 days for the retailer to provide necessary information to complete registration.

Learn About Your Coverage

What does my plan cover and when does my coverage start?
If the protected item is damaged and SquareTrade determines it can be repaired, 100% of the cost of parts and labor is covered. If your item can’t be repaired, SquareTrade will contact you to discuss replacement options.

More info on square trade

Do I need to register or activate my SquareTrade Protection Plan?
Registration is not required, until a claim needs to be filed. Registration needs to be done online at squaretrade.com/target.
Do I need to register my plan?
Registration is purely optional and can only be completed online. This is a way to provide copies of the purchase receipt so that all this information is available if you need to file a claim further down the road.

Don’t worry if you haven't registered yet! If you need to file a claim later, you will be prompted to provide all information needed to register. Click here if you need to file a claim.

Please note, you cannot register your plan over the phone because we need you to create a password.

What does a SquareTrade plan cover?

SquareTrade Protection Plans covers all mechanical/electrical failures that happen during normal use, such as button failure, depleted (non-replaceable) batteries, and non-responsive charging ports or audio jacks. Plans that include accident protection also cover damage from accidents like drop and spills.

If a protected item is damaged and we determine it can be repaired, we cover 100% of the cost of parts and labor. If your item is irreparable, we’ll contact you to discuss options for replacing your item. Coverage lasts for the term of your plan or until the coverage amount of your plan (generally equal to item purchase price) is used up.

What's not covered by a SquareTrade plan?
SquareTrade Protection Plans covers all mechanical/electrical failures that happen during normal use, such as button failure, depleted (non-replaceable) batteries, and nonresponsive charging ports or audio jacks. Plans that include accident protection also cover damage from accidents like drop and spills.

Some of the things that are NOT covered by a SquareTrade plan include:
  • Damage from misuse, negligence, loss or theft
  • Consumable items such as light bulbs, fuses, and batteries (unless offered as a special/premium feature on select warranties)
  • Products intended for heavy commercial or industrial use
  • Pre-existing conditions, dead-on-arrival (DOA) items, or issues that occur within any exclusionary period

SquareTrade also has an app you can download to keep track of your protection plans.

Reactions: TTB
Thanks for all the responses! The problem I have is that I'm always asking 'Would you like to put an extended service plan on this item to protect against x, x, x, for x number of years?' or 'Have I told you about our Squaretrade Protection Service?' usually the moment they see the price they're like 'No.' and get angry if you try to explain things or ask them if they're sure. How do you guys find approaching guests works best?

Thanks for all the responses! The problem I have is that I'm always asking 'Would you like to put an extended service plan on this item to protect against x, x, x, for x number of years?' or 'Have I told you about our Squaretrade Protection Service?' usually the moment they see the price they're like 'No.' and get angry if you try to explain things or ask them if they're sure. How do you guys find approaching guests works best?
Well when they say no, I always make sure to tell them what all it covers especially if it covers accidental damage. Sometimes people will change their mind when they hear that. I also let them know how long they have to purchase it. That's about all you can do. You can't force them to buy it. Lol.

Well when they say no, I always make sure to tell them what all it covers especially if it covers accidental damage. Sometimes people will change their mind when they hear that. I also let them know how long they have to purchase it. That's about all you can do. You can't force them to buy it. Lol.

Unfortunately, only Portable covers accidents. I wish they all did, then I could tell everyone with kids buying that new 70 inch OLED that it'll be covered if their kid puts his head through it. ;)

Unfortunately, only Portable covers accidents. I wish they all did, then I could tell everyone with kids buying that new 70 inch OLED that it'll be covered if their kid puts his head through it. ;)
We sell a lot of portable, more specifically Fitbits and activity trackers. Also back to school is coming up so laptops and tablet sales should go up and are covered under accidental.

I usually just say would you like a protection plan X years X dollars?

Sometimes the price is reasonable and sometimes its insane

I usually pitch them by pointing out what the Srp covers the manufacturer warranty wouldn’t, the difference in length of coverage, and throw in “yes it’s a little more expensive up front, but wouldn’t you rather pay now for the protection to be able to get it repaired or replaced than have to pay the full price to buy it again if there’s an issue?”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back