Archived SR TL Backroom

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm currently and SR Salesfloor TL, and being moved to backroom to meet headcount. I'm wondering if anyone else is a SR TL backroom. Do you still have a closing night? My current closing night is the evening before a truck. Just looking for some insight as logistics is not my strong suit.

I'm not a SRTL Backroom so I don't know how much insight I can offer. That being said based on what I've seen them do in my store it greatly depends on what your job duties will be. We have 2 SRTLBRs: 1 focuses on CAF pulls, etc. dayside and works 1p-930pm every shifts. The other starts up the O/N replenishment process. So he comes in 8pm-430a. ASANTS but at my store all of the SRTLs have a constant schedule, same times every shift. It's the ETLs that rotate around.

At my old store I was also a Sr Sales Floor TL(Softlines) and the other Sr TL was Backroom. Her and I worked opposite weekends and we each had a closing weekday. She was dayside so she didn’t need to run the truck. Not sure if that helps.

Thank you. My truck is not overnight, we're a 6am ulv. 3 trucks a week, 4 BR TMs + TL. My store has the brtl also oversee SFS.

At my store one of our SRs is also a backroom TL and he gets thrown around and abused more than every TL in our store... (in regards to scheduling). Back and fourth between opens, closes, 4am flow, mids.

At my store one of our SRs is also a backroom TL and he gets thrown around and abused more than every TL in our store... (in regards to scheduling). Back and fourth between opens, closes, 4am flow, mids.
That's kinda what I was figuring would happen to me. Thank you for your input!

Just an FYI but when the new store moderation goes company wide next year SR goes away.

Well, so does Brtl. But I still will be a key carrier.

Yeah you’ll still be a key carrier, but if I were you you’re going to want to try to be the Closing Lead. It’s the only position that’s (at this point) guaranteed to keep keys and they are considering it to be the (new) step under an ETL if, that is, you are trying to promote. Plus it’s Monday through Friday which is kinda nice just the closing portion is the only part that’s kind of a bitch.

Yeah you’ll still be a key carrier, but if I were you you’re going to want to try to be the Closing Lead. It’s the only position that’s (at this point) guaranteed to keep keys and they are considering it to be the (new) step under an ETL if, that is, you are trying to promote. Plus it’s Monday through Friday which is kinda nice just the closing portion is the only part that’s kind of a bitch.
I thought the with getting rid or SrTL role, and not having ETLs close anymore meant TLs were going to ALL be key carriers?

I thought the with getting rid or SrTL role, and not having ETLs close anymore meant TLs were going to ALL be key carriers?
Nope, it's expensive for Target to pay people to be key carriers. That number is going down, not up.

Think of it this way, yes key carriers cost $1 more per hour but, TLs that are key carriers cost less than SrTLs and ETLs.

Just to clear some things up:

This pilot eliminates the differentiation in pay grade for having/not having keys. There is a VERY good chance that when this goes live all TL’s will have keys. Any SR that had keys before doesn’t lose them, but they aren’t going to be paying you more for having them because unless you are the closing lead you won’t be closing LOD. Having those keys isn’t seen as a “promotion” per say anymore since you won’t be doing LOD shifts during the week.

One person will close M-F and on the weekends ETL’s will still rotate. During the week usually one other TL will close every night just as support, but they are scheduled as coverage in their department. They are responsible for zoning and gobacks etc.

Nope, it's expensive for Target to pay people to be key carriers. That number is going down, not up.
But the Sr position goes away so not really. Those currently in a Sr role should keep their pay, but if your store needs another key carrier, there’s a cheaper path than promoting up to a senior. Give a TL a smaller raise and those keys.

One person will close M-F and on the weekends ETL’s will still rotate. During the week usually one other TL will close every night just as support, but they are scheduled as coverage in their department. They are responsible for zoning and gobacks etc.
Our ETLs don’t close weekends anymore either.

That’s interesting! We are keeping our rotation so I’m curious based off of pilot store feedback which model they’ll use for the full rollout in 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back