Archived Sr TL flow LOD on truck days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty much the thread title. I was wondering if anyone has seen a Sr flow tl work an LOD shift while running a truck. What tips do you have for running the truck and the store at the same time?

If our sr flow tl is working an lod shift...usually they will have him come in around 7 am. The etl log will come in at 530 for the truck unload. Likewise, if the sr flow tl is closing lod then the etl log will run the truck. So, I have never seen ( at least at my store and asants) our srtl log work and lod shift while working the truck .

Generally happens on C&S delivery day. Come at 4 w/ team. Help pull and push autos which are completed by 8. 8 on its pure LOD stuff. It would be more difficult on a regular truck day but we have a pretty solid team.

We do some odd shit at my store I guess...logistics or truck TL will end up being LOD most of the time from 4 to 10am or so....switches off sometimes earlier like when she takes her lunch or when she has to pick up her kids from school early on the off day or sick kid day haha...if she's not LOD it's rare..other TLs pitch in to help out but for the most part any real LOD tasks are delegated to her even though shes busy with truck. What a way to start a day. Do not envy. Easy to respect her though because I'm there after she arrives and leave shortly after she does...and literally ONLY sits right before truck starts or on her breaks...she works her ass off everyday. RESPECT to real leaders.

Our Flow SR TL and ETL LOG work with flow/the truck only. They never have LOD shifts. They start at 4am and then the opening LOD comes in at 6am. The only exception was when our opening LOD had to step out of the building, so the Flow SR TL handled LOD calls for half an hour or so.

I had to do this frequently and it was always awful.

Generally I just did my flow thing and responded to lod calls when needed

I've been to be the only leader in the building several times on the morning of truck days, most recently the day after inventory. I just laugh when my STL asks me to do it and say 'I hope there won't be a visit!' I don't know what the LOD requirements are in your store, but I would just do the bare minimum. LODs are non-existent in my store so I don't even know what a proper LOD does anymore, but I just make sure SDA/PCV get done, take calls, and make sure the building doesn't burn down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back