Archived Sr. TL to ETL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone,

Recently I left the education field with my bachelors and half a masters completed because well it's sucked and performance wasn't rewarded. I was hired as a SR. TL and my STL said they were looking at me for ETL in a passing convo not to long ago. I've seen so many mentions of them not hiring internal for ETL that it has got me worried now. Has anyone else ever transitioned into ETL from Sr. and if so how long did it take you? I'm guessing my degree will help the process but I don't know...

We just had two SRTLs promoted to etl in my district in the last few months. Just depends on your leadership in the district.

My district promotes Sr. TL to ETL pretty frequently. In just the last few years we've gained two ETLs who promoted from other stores and lost two Sr. TLs who got promoted to another store.

Run a green process, think about the big picture, and make it known that you want to move up.

I would ask around how your district is going. @Rock Lobster mentioned the below comment and it's the case in my district.

Because several stores dropped org charts, quite a few stores have more execs than they are allotted so until they drop via attrition, some districts aren't adding more.

Try to find out what the case is for yours, we had one senior quit at my old store after 3 years of trying to move from senior to ETL despite exceptional perfromance. As mentioned above some didn't have to wait nearly as long

One of my ETLs was SR and became an ETL, though I wasn't with spot when the promotion happened so can't say exact details. I know the two Sr TLs in my store have an interest to move up, but one mentioned it would never happen in our store. As always, ASANTS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back