Archived SrTL HR help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking into the Sr TL HR Role and just wanted to get some insight as to what that really looks like? Typical schedule? Daily duties? I keep seeing that ETL HR was phased out but when I talked to Target they told me I could move into that role at a higher volume store rather quickly? What do team members think makes a good SrTL Hr person? Just want to get some overall information. Thanks!

Looking into the Sr TL HR Role and just wanted to get some insight as to what that really looks like? Typical schedule? Daily duties? I keep seeing that ETL HR was phased out but when I talked to Target they told me I could move into that role at a higher volume store rather quickly? What do team members think makes a good SrTL Hr person? Just want to get some overall information. Thanks!

May I suggest changing your name if you want actual advice otherwise you will not be taken seriously here...

Yup did that it wasn't my best thought.. Was pretty tired when I made the account and it was the first thing I could think of that wasn't already taken.

The name before was fine, either or worked. I assume you will stick to a standard forty hour week. I believe Sr. TLs are gonna start closing with the new modernization process? As a Sr.TL you also have to do LOD shifts. I know starting pay is like $16.25/hr or something but almost always you get at least $18/hr. That's all I can think of.

I read it as "keep it trolling" 🤷‍♀️ OP didn't have to change their name. I just made a suggestion.

The name before was fine, either or worked. I assume you will stick to a standard forty hour week. I believe Sr. TLs are gonna start closing with the new modernization process? As a Sr.TL you also have to do LOD shifts. I know starting pay is like $16.25/hr or something but almost always you get at least $18/hr. That's all I can think of.

Sr. TL HR was exempt from that I thought. Doesn’t matter - going forward LOD goes away, and stores will have a closing TL (at Sr. Level basically) who reports to the STL directly.

Pay is currently $4 over base for standard TLs, and for Sr. TLs it is usually $5.75(?) over base, though I feel that number is off after speaking to one recently.

Does a closing TL work with a closing ETL or does a TL just close on their own? The interviewers did mention that I would still close a night and be LOD, but I keep reading about modernization? I'm currently outside the company in another retailer who went through their own changes so I feel confident with changes happening. I just wanted to get an idea of what like a typical day for HR looked like.. like what are they responsible for or who do they work closely with.. I know every store is different so just curious. What is base pay for target?

I THINK they close on their own. At least from what I hear in my store.

are HR ETL's being phased out completely? or just in smaller stores where they use a SrTL for HR instead?

Depends on the volume. Anyone over 30 Million keeps ETL HR, anyone under has a Senior HR
Not necessarily. Difficult to staff stores keep ETL HR. My district has a 40 mil store with SrTL HR (could be changing back I suppose).

Not necessarily. Difficult to staff stores keep ETL HR. My district has a 40 mil store with SrTL HR (could be changing back I suppose).
Yeah that’s true I’m sure it’s different district to district. That’s just the direction at least my district was given. We’re cutting one ETL and gaining 5

gotcha. Makes sense now. Im headed to my third interview early next week with an STL. Not sure of how the hiring process is here? I met with the HRBP and the DTL which both went great so does the STL have the final say?

gotcha. Makes sense now. Im headed to my third interview early next week with an STL. Not sure of how the hiring process is here? I met with the HRBP and the DTL which both went great so does the STL have the final say?
Stl can say they don’t want you for their store but chances are if you passed dtl and HRBP, you got the job. If stl was last it’s likely just a friendly meeting to make sure you’d work well together. HR and STL have to work well together.

okay thats kind of what I thought. This has been great. I was honestly really nervous about the potential of leaving my current workplace-even tho its horrible but ive been there forever so i've got tenure and experience-for a different retailer but the more i read through these posts the more im looking forward to it. Role seems great-still waiting on the pay-we talked about it a bit in the interviews but I didn't want to overprice myself and lose job potential and glassdoor wasn't much help. but im actually really excited now to meet the stl and get training.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back