Archived Stacking red card + TM discount

Status
Not open for further replies.

HLN13

Hardlines TM
I just have a quick question — when using the red card discount, cartwheel, and TM discount which order do they stack on?
Example:
Something is $10 and it’s 10% off on cartwheel, 10% off TM discount and 5% off redcard, which order do they stack in?

I believe it goes Cartwheel, TM, Redcard?
So it would 1.00 off from cartwheel, 90 cents off from TM discount, and then 5% off of $8.10?

Is this correct?

Doing math on a recent receipt tells me that you are correct. The only thing I would say is that you forgot manufacturer's coupons, which come out before Cartwheel discounts, I think. So a percentage-off Cartwheel discount is calculated on the post-coupon cost.

It makes sense, because Cartwheel is not a general discount but changes the actual price of items, so you're not going to get 10% off of the original price; just what are paying for. And then Redcard comes dead last and it's just off of what you're paying after everything else.

I believe the official order is cartwheel, manf coupon, cartwheel manf (If no paper manf was used), ™ discount, red card discount.

I believe the official order is cartwheel, manf coupon, cartwheel manf (If no paper manf was used), ™ discount, red card discount.
This is correct, but with percentages the order doesn't matter... Only the flat amount coupons effect things.

This is correct, but with percentages the order doesn't matter... Only the flat amount coupons effect things.
So if I have something that costs $3 and have a cartwheel for 50% off and a manf coupon for $1 off...would it be 50c (cartwheel then manf) or $1 (manf then cartwheel)?

Edit : typo

So if I have something that costs $3 and have a cartwheel for 50% off and a manf coupon for $1 off...would it be 50c (cartwheel then manf) or $1 (manf then cartwheel)?

Edit : typo
percantages the order totally matters for that reason.

it's cartwheel then manf. so yes, you'd pay 50c.

Percentages the order doesn't matter. 10% off then 20% off is the same as 20% off then 10% off. (1.00*0.90*0.80 == 1.00*0.80*0.90)
The manufacturer coupon is a form of payment not a discount so it is after all discounts are applied.

Percentages the order doesn't matter. 10% off then 20% off is the same as 20% off then 10% off. (1.00*0.90*0.80 == 1.00*0.80*0.90)
The manufacturer coupon is a form of payment not a discount so it is after all discounts are applied.
Nope. That math is wrong. Try it with a calculator.

Nope. That math is wrong. Try it with a calculator.
That math is perfect, although a manufacturer coupon would come off before any of those percent discounts, I think. The point is that if you are just doing percents, the order doesn’t matter. I guess I don’t know specifics on whether cartwheel or manufacturer coupons come first, but I do know math.

I always think the order of percentage stacking should matter, but it doesn't.

That math is perfect, although a manufacturer coupon would come off before any of those percent discounts, I think. The point is that if you are just doing percents, the order doesn’t matter. I guess I don’t know specifics on whether cartwheel or manufacturer coupons come first, but I do know math.
I believe cartwheel coupons get included in the original % multipliers as a discount (pre-tax) but cartwheel manufacturer/actual manufacturer coupons are post-tax as a payment method as you aren't getting a discounted price, the manufacturer is really paying that amount for you via reimbursement to the store at a later date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back