Archived Star Wars Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone else's store hosting a Star Wars event on September 3-4? Apparently my store is only a few in the group hosting it. I got asked if I want to help with it. Anyone know what this event is?

Last edited:
Special product, cardboard cut outs life-size and new release toys.. Beyond that I don't really know..

Believe it should be in everyone's merch update, thats where i saw it. Pretty much what @Bosch said.... My store looks like a couple seasonal aisle's are going to be re-purposed after BTS leaves. Our grill flat becomes a sort of focal.

I hope for a stormtrooper,,boba fett, or han solo to molest.

I know Chewy is one of them, and I believe the arms move on him.

Sounds like you're a midnight event store. There's a pretty big confidentiality clause on this one and Mickey Mouse's lawyers don't play around. I'd wait until corporate starts talking about this one.

Suffice it to say if you look around on workbench you can find the details for this one.

I was the first person in my store to volunteer for this. I grew up on Star Wars. I've been in charge of the toy department during the fourth quarter for the past 3 years. This is the first thing I have truly been excited for in my store in a long time.
Today I found out I will not be working this. Instead it's a bunch of teenage girls. This is one sad Jedi

Yesterday I had a pair of star wars knee pads (like for skateboarding) come up saying "cannot sell till 9/4" so I guess that explains that.

Mine's doing it, one of the ETLs is consistently reminding our Electronics TMs to ensure that none of that hits the floor before the street date.

Some of you guys are too paranoid that Disney Lawyers protecting the Star Wars IP are going to crack down on Star Wars-related discussion of a Star Wars related retail event happening that will have Star Wars merchandise to promote the new Star Wars movie on some small, random site that briefly discussed Star Wars.

Star Wars.

Some of you guys are too paranoid that Disney Lawyers protecting the Star Wars IP are going to crack down on Star Wars-related discussion of a Star Wars related retail event happening that will have Star Wars merchandise to promote the new Star Wars movie on some small, random site that briefly discussed Star Wars.

Star Wars.

Also we have had to pull product off the floor almost everyday since we have TM's who can't read the boxes street date or they have been told "Push it anyways cause you always flex over outs" so they push it out.. We see it and pull it.

Once things are sent to the stores the cat is out of the bag, and no specific details of what and what version have been spilled. You would just know there will be stuff, but not exactly what stuff..

Star Wars.
Or maybe I know more about it because I do know insiders through Lucas before they sale and Disney after. And how their closed forum is closed because of such issues...

So much stuff has already leaked. Hasbro had a 63 page catalog leak. I only looked at the first 20 or so pages myself.

It's all very hush hush at my store. Someone mentioned it and they were shushed right away. They're treating it like a Star Wars Black Friday, though. I've never loved a movie or movie franchise enough to go shopping for toys at midnight. We have so much SW stuff all the time that I just don't understand the level of obsession that's required for this event.

So, the store will close for a single hour to set up for this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back