Archived Starbucks Backroom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thehomiesleepy

LA Street Soldier
so I've been having trouble properly organizing my Starbucks Backroom what's your stores set up.

True same at our store but I want to make it more efficient.

You should have metro racking, so I would get some of the grey label holders and make labels for what's supposed to go where. That way when you go to order, you can see what you've got immediately; you also won't need to rummage around looking for what you need if you run out at the counter. Not all organized kitchens are efficient, but all efficient kitchens are organized.

Ours are set up heavy stock on the bottom, light/lesser used stuff on the top; unopened syrup cases on the bottom, syrup shelf about eye level, coffees (lb bags) just above, tea boxes/promo coffees on top.
Next section: cases of mocha mix/frapp syrups/Pike 5 lbs on bottom, chi concentrates/vanilla powder/protein powder/matcha/java chips/caramel sauce about waist high, oatmeal packets/fruit mix/seed & nut mix/brown sugar/agave at eye level, tea bags/vias/refresher dried fruit/Kcups on top.
Next section: cups & lids: cold cups on bottom with sizes tall-trenta, hot cups short-venti next shelf, lids/dones/straws on the next level, napkins/pastry bags/shop bags/oatmeal bowls & lids on top.
There's other items stowed around but it helps to group according to use & type.

My SB backroom is shared with Food Ave. It is hard, because it is the size of a miniature walk in closet, with a 6ft ceiling. I have been petitioning with my DM and ETL for perhaps more space behind Food Ave, since the Food Ave TL hogs the closet. It's tough.
Basically, I order as light as I can and hope to not run out of shit, because I have nowhere to put it. I have tried reasoning with the FATL, but nothing. She has so much space-her stuff is beautifully spaced and organized. Mine is scrunched.
I hope you have more room...

We share our area with our FA but our FATL is pretty chill about maintaining equal space. They also have more useable space around their prep than we do; most of ours has to be off-stage.
During Q4 we have to maintain a pallet on the steel because we order heavy on mocha mix, soy, chai concentrate, etc.

We share our area with our FA but our FATL is pretty chill about maintaining equal space. They also have more useable space around their prep than we do; most of ours has to be off-stage.
During Q4 we have to maintain a pallet on the steel because we order heavy on mocha mix, soy, chai concentrate, etc.
I am so jealous. We only have 2 metro racks behind Food Ave, 1 fridge space , and 1 freezer space. And of course, the barely existent closet. Even during X-mas, I tried partnering with my ETL for more space. The response was "figure it out." I have tried so hard reasoning with the FATL, but she is so nasty and venomous about sharing any space. Even my DM was like "wow"!

We have one shelving unit with:
Top: lobby coffee
Next: dcaf 5lbs and feature 5lbs
Next: esp 5lbs
Next: cold brew
Bottom: iced coffee and misc lobby beans

Another unit- as AST I'm trying to rework the rest of the BR:
Top: spillover promo stuff
Next: matcha and frap roast
Next: clear syrups
Next: less popular syrups and sweeteners
Next: white mocha and the vanilla sisters
Next: frap bases
Next: promo syrups, sauces, and toppings
Bottom: condiments

Next unit-same as above; work in progress
Top: Café cups *icee and sodas only sold*
Next: short lids and cups and trays
Next: Venti hot cups and some lids
Next: Grande hot cups and more lids
Next: tall hot cups and lids
Bottom: sample cups

Next unit:
Top: Café lids/Sbux straws
Next: venti cold cups and some lids
Next: Grande cold cups and more lids
Next: tall cold cups and lids
Bottom: Trenta cups and lids

Next units are messy:
Top shelves: utensils, extra shakers, sleeves, travelers, reusable cups, oatmeal cups
Next: tea infusions and pitcher bags/lobby snacks
Next: protein and vanilla bean powders/parchment paper/FL tea bags
Next: oatmeal and toppings/FL tea bags
Next/bottom: Mochas and caramel sauce/extra chemicals and chargers

BRCoolers:
Left side-
2% x 12 or so, Cold Brew pitchers
Whole x 9, 0% x 6
Soy/Coconutmilk
Rtd items/64 oz Apple juice
Right-
Bananas, whips, carafes
Refreshers
Lemonades, strawberry puree
Rtd excess, almondmilk
*h/h, hc, fit in like Tetris*

If these are helpful, I'll post FOH coolers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back