Archived Starbucks help?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so I’m being trained in Starbucks and I honestly don’t know what to expect. If anyone can help me with ANY tips or advice. Like what to wear, expect, or anything really.
- thanks in advance !!

If you want to be successful, I suggest that you study outside of work.

At my store, they supposedly get two weeks to train people. The most I have seen is 4 days in reality. I got 14 hours (2 days), and then was left completely ALONE after a NCNS.

Funniest things that I have seen this month at my store: No sanitizer at 1:00 PM - never made it. Steaming the water to make an Americano. Not dating any of the specialty milk. Not a one.

hahahahaha it's a Red Steritech visit waiting to happen.

ETA: For real. Google is your friend. Starbucks has some "How to steam milk" videos that anyone can access. Watch it. Learn it. Do not steam milk like you are milking a cow (that's the PG version of what I could say.) Learn the recipes. Make flash cards and study at home. If you don't, your life will be HELL until you learn everything (2-3 months). I personally got it all down in 2 weeks, which made it a lot more fun.

I haven't worked at a Target SBux yet (I believe I will get trained at the one I am transferring to) but I HAVE worked a Starbucks for a year before I got hired on. The manager that trained me used caramel sauce to make the Caramel Frappes instead of the caramel syrup. I checked the recipe like five times and messaged a former worker to make sure I wasn't the one in the wrong lol. Another co worker that guy trained would put literally 6-7 pumps of the sauce into a grande. It was disgusting.

So honestly just follow the recipes and you'll be fine. Check them thoroughly to make sure you're doing it all right!

There seems to be some difference in what you wear from store to store. At mine, you can wear black or khaki pants, and a black or white shirt. Most prefer all black because, coffee. To be safe, you might wear khakis and a black shirt.
The recipes for most things follow the same recipe, just different ingredients. Also, there are recipe cards that you can look to for help.

If you aren't sure how to make something, use the Starbucks app. Every ingredient is on there for every drink. It's faster than finding the recipe cards in most cases. Just don't accidentally mobile order yourself a drink.

It's a LOT to remember, and the drink codes can almost be like another language (or at least, another dialect, anyway). I felt really overwhelmed for months. When I got to the point I felt like I'd never get the hang of it, I just stopped giving a crap... and I got it about a week after.

Point is--you might worry it's too tricky. That's completely understandable. But as difficult as it is, once you stop worrying, it'll probably get significantly easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back