Starbucks reusable cup inquiry

I visited my local Target Starbucks today and attempted to use a reusable cup and was informed that they couldn’t use it. Instead, I was told that they could only use a disposable cup but I could then pour that into my reusable one, which completely defeats the purpose of bringing my own cup in the first place. With Starbucks’ new promotion incentivizing customers to bring their own cup to receive 10 cents off and 25 bonus stars, I’m perplexed at why I wasn’t able to take advantage of this today. Does anyone know if all Tarbux locations are taking this same approach or if perhaps my location is just handling this incorrectly? For context, I don’t work for Target, I’m just a “guest”.

I visited my local Target Starbucks today and attempted to use a reusable cup and was informed that they couldn’t use it. Instead, I was told that they could only use a disposable cup but I could then pour that into my reusable one, which completely defeats the purpose of bringing my own cup in the first place. With Starbucks’ new promotion incentivizing customers to bring their own cup to receive 10 cents off and 25 bonus stars, I’m perplexed at why I wasn’t able to take advantage of this today. Does anyone know if all Tarbux locations are taking this same approach or if perhaps my location is just handling this incorrectly? For context, I don’t work for Target, I’m just a “guest”.
Its because you cannot be sure if the personal cup has been sanitized, the cup can touch surfaces that are also touched by other cups, which can cause contamination. One of the solutions to this that is rolling out is Loop by TerraCycle, which the restaurant will give you a new, professionally cleaned reusable cup with a deposit, and you can then return the cup to be professionally cleaned (NOT by restaurant staff, contrary to popular belief) to get your deposit back.

Back