Starbucks Team Leaders

He hasn't asked or told anything. The etl hr and him just came around coincidently on my day off and told them they're doing the schedule from now on and just walked away. No explanation no nothing. Out of the 4 girls, two complain heavily and whine worse than babies. Whine about not getting their second 15, whine about being alone from 7:30-1.. Just whine. But I explained to them heavily... Would you rather work 7 days a week and work 8-12 even though the rush is literally from 8-9:45..then it's dead until 1 pm. That leaves the opener by themselves until 4 when the closer gets there. I told them the hours are crappy but I'd rather you work longer shifts and I come in during the peak times 1-4 and then you'll get your break. Instead they complain and complain. And the other one complains about not getting hours but calls out on a regular.

My shifts were like 1-7.. So I could be there for the peak and to give the closer their 15.. Since no one is trained at night either..

Found out he and other etls went in the sb back room and questioned the baristas if I was organizing the back room correctly even though I organized it exactly like the red wire we got and she even told him all that stuff is autoshipped.. Like seriously!?.. I'm going to leave three pal in the back room for 5 days??.. Come on!.. I told him it was an autoship a week ago. I just don't understand. They're aren't many African American team leads.. Do U think that could be it?

That is certainly a possibility and one that is worth pointing out.
I'm willing to bet this ass clown isn't going to be honest even to himself about why he is running roughshod over you, but it would be nice if someone dragged him up by the short and curlies.
It's time to plant yourself and not be moved.
He can play dodge around your back all he wants and every time he tries, walk through him./
Go to the STL and esplain that you want to be included in the conversations and to know what needs to be done.
Go over his head.
Don't deal with him at all.
He has proven to be unreliable and snakelike.
If they tell you to go back to him, explain that he is giving you mixed messages and creating a hostile work environment.
You say you feel like quitting?
Don't do that without standing up for yourself first.
If this scumbucket gets away with knocking you down, then he will move on to someone else.

On the down side, you might not win but you will have the satisfaction of going down swinging.

Edited to agree with @redeye58 about writing everything that they say and do down. Keep it factual, times, names, where, why, when and events, stay away from emotion and adjectives. Go to the top. Spot hates stuff that can blow back on them.

Last edited:
The only things know I need to work is is being steritech ready at all times. But u have to understand I was given a team that felt like dating whenever and usually rushed during steritech visits to date before he gets there. Any ideas or tips on how to ALWAYS Be ready?.. I want to be ready not get ready. Plus when I first got the team they were constantly in red all the time for guest surveys, with a 82 ytd. We are now 92 ytd and still climbing. I try to develop my leadership in intervals, first guest surveys and team morale and now being steritech ready. I explain all this to the new etl and he seemed on board. So yea now I feel I have to document things, since hr seems to be in cohorts with him.

The stl won't be bothered by me.. If it ain't red cards and guest surveys, you're lucky for him to give you more than 2 min. I've literally tried to talk to him about a customer who wrote a nasty comment about me and what happened in sb and he said "yea" ok can you open up on 9??.. I'm like wow..

About* ...she wanted a trenta black tea no water no ice and oh on a gold card refill but she never bought the original from us. So I said no.

Get them to search out the exp dates on the next order.
Give your girls a roll of stickers & see how many they can correctly date.
Bonus if they can correct shelved product dated incorrectly.
Get a bag of candies to reward for each right one. Make it a game.
Re: no water, no ice trentas....I HATE those.
Basically empties your pitcher so they can ice it down all day 'cause they're too cheap.

You need to take a partner. I understand things are hard but do your best to defend what you need to do. Ultimately if you fail, so does your ETL and STL if you can't do your set up, especially for 4th quarter.

I just can't even imagine what the ETL is thinking, especially if you're making progress with your team.

Who was your previous ETL? Don't take this personal, but did you have any performance issues prior to getting your current ETL?

The only issue I had was getting to work on time like how there is the 5 min grace..id make it to the time clock at the 6th min bc our time clock is by the freaking garden center:(. Plus they'd want an 8:00 person and that was usually me..trying to get to work stuck in the Mecca of school zones. It was like crazy taxi on steroids. I left an hour early n still got late. But I've greatly improved on that. That was the only thing. Me and the other etl got along awesome!..we still text to this day. But he quit because of the stl. And apparently this new etl was hand picked by the stl. I have another job that makes more than this one. I chose this one to get more managerial experience, but I feel like they won't let me grow... I'm going to talk to hr today..if nothing changes, I'm leaving.

I talked to hr today and hopefully something changes. Apparently they only questioned one of the baristas for 30 min. Even the food ave tl got the same performance review. Basically we are both being held accountable for the fact that the check lanes are red. But I'm like um... Isn't that why you have a gstl?!.. Maybe she needs to be spoken to

So let me ask you guys this..if you had to chose from spot or a German grocery store that paid good money (guess the company) what would you chose??

It's crazy I make more there. I'm my boss's right hand (I'm a shift manager there and I run his store when he's on vacations) and could basically be an MT, I chose spot because they saw what my other job took years to see. I thought I could become a better manage coming to spot but honestly I just feel like they are sucking my soul.

They made the new schedule, gave me 36 hours, and gave the other girls hours.. here's the catch..half of their hours are cashier. :confused:

They made the new schedule, gave me 36 hours, and gave the other girls hours.. here's the catch..half of their hours are cashier. :confused:
They may not be that work center. Depending on how busy sb is. I would print it out for documentation for the file pile. Hours being misused for sb.

They did that when our SB hours were slashed & we'd 'borrow' them for breaks/lunches but ended up keeping them longer because 'we got busy'.
They really couldn't argue when the line was past the carts to the door.

Back