Starbucks TL

Is a Starbucks TL "on call" if a team member doesn't show up for their shift?

I have always heard Target gets fined by Starbucks if they aren't open during their normal business hours.

Closing starbucks is really bad. At my store, we have a few people who are trained to help at starbucks. If someone calls out, one of those people is usually working and can cover. If push comes to shove, I hope the TL would come in. My SD might put the TL on a CA if starbucks closed.

Is a Starbucks TL "on call" if a team member doesn't show up for their shift?

I have always heard Target gets fined by Starbucks if they aren't open during their normal business hours.
It's more complicated than that, but yes, Sbux must remain open during regular hours. Target has a contract with Sbux stating that (also, there must be at least 8 certified baristas on staff, and 2 certified baristas working at all times--though one of the two can be working in a different department). The store is not directly fined, but basically goes on a CA. Ultimately, if issues are not fixed, there are fines and the sbux can be shut down. I'm sure most SBTLs have covered on short notice.

Closing starbucks is really bad. At my store, we have a few people who are trained to help at starbucks. If someone calls out, one of those people is usually working and can cover. If push comes to shove, I hope the TL would come in. My SD might put the TL on a CA if starbucks closed.
Can you DM me your store number, I would like to rip your SD a new one.

Yep, I remember plenty of times I was by myself with a line to the door & someone from the floor would try to 'help'. They'd end up slowing me down & I'd finally chase them off because they were in my way.
I can zoom when I'm solo.

Lord Hell...what in the actual.
I wasn't technically allowed to take tips when I worked in Tech, but I did master the art of the golden handshake or the quick money slide on a fist bump.
I thought this was interesting.
Sounds like the kid doesn't have any backup or a good TL.

Yes, it's very important to keep SBux open. I've had to 'run" SBux so the lone barista could take their break. All I did was serve coffee. If the guest wanted something else, I'd just tell the them to come back in 10 minutes when the barista would be back.

AP monitoring a buck tip? Too much big brother shit.
Years back we had a cup that we'd toss tip change into to cover whenever anyone came up short. Whenever if was over a $1 it would go into the register.
They busted our SBTL after seeing them pocket the change.
AP does many apprehensions on internal theft. We have a camera aimed at the register.

You could take tips for forever. I can't remember what it's called (haven't worked at Target since 2019... Just here being nosey lol) but on the site with the rules and what not it says you can, but have to decline first. You then have to report to a tl. I believe it's so it'll be reported for payroll so you can be taxed on your tips (in addition to letting ap know). I used to keep that screenshot in my phone for protection. And I figured I'd just say I forgot to report them. I never got caught though

For a while we used to have baristas from company stores applying because of the shit they dealt with until Target lowered the bar.

Back