Archived Start rate changes negating my raises yet again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustJoe

"Can you go to 3, please?" *Turns off walkie*
Recently our store bumped its start rate to the upcoming minimum wage in my state. Since I'm at N05 I am making $.25 more than that. However, this is the second time that my raise has been wiped out due to this. The first time my $.35+ raise got wiped out when I got raised to the start rate going up. Now, I got another $.35+ raise wiped out. My first year I got $.07 and I think I told my TL where to stuff it. Of course now that I know more about how raises at Spot are calculated I understand that it was prorated as I was only there for 45 days at the end of that year.

I have half a mind to write a carefully-worded letter to someone higher up in the HR structure politely asking where the hell my $.70+/hr that I EARNED went. I worked really hard and dealt with a TON of BS to earn my 2nd year raise and worked slightly less hard but dealt with more BS to earn my 3rd year raise. Now I make as much as the guy who was just hired for my team AND my TM who has been around a bit longer than me. It's really not fair to any of us who put in the time and effort to earn our raises.

It probably will result in absolutely nothing happening (much like my promises of developing me into leadership material), but it might make me feel better about it.

Hey HQ Lookie-loos: GIVE ME MY MONEY!!!

Why would they pay you more when they can just hire someone off the street that they can browbeat into the form they want? It's a shitty practice, but this is what most retail companies are doing right now. It's not team members being affected, but also team leaders. There's a lot of fucked up situations in this company. I'm not a team leader and make comparable wages to two new TL's, despite being there for just over a year. I make more than people who've been there for ten years. Someone who was just hired makes 10 cents less than me. It's a fucked up place.

Yeah I hate when I get raises for no reason.

I get it. My first 4 raises were completely wiped out by the new minimum this past year. Four years worth of hard work and all excellent reviews and I was making less than what the new minimum was. But in the end, I was making more money than I was making before, and my future raises would be higher because they're based on a percentage of my current pay. Is it fair? Of course not. But I'll take more money if they're going to give it to me.

Yep. I hate this. I've only been there 3 years. But...with minimum wage always changing, I get paid the exact same as all the seasonal help. That's happened at every retail job i've ever had though. It doesn't make that much sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back