State tax deduction in payslip

I recently came back to Target after few months. Today I saw my new payslip has both federal and state tax deductions .
Last time when I worked at Target, only federal withholding was getting deducted not state. Is there something that I have to do about this?

thanks

I recently came back to Target after few months. Today I saw my new payslip has both federal and state tax deductions .
Last time when I worked at Target, only federal withholding was getting deducted not state. Is there something that I have to do about this?

thanks
you elect withholdings on workday AFAIK

Is there a way to review it again? I think I did same as last time. But I’m not sure now!!

What state do you live in that you get the option of not paying state taxes?
I live in Alaska where there is no income tax (also Florida, Nevada, South Dakota, Texas, Washington, and Wyoming), so it's different here.
But when we did, pre oil money, we never had that option.
Do you not want to pay it because you make so little that you would get it back at the end of the year anyway?
None of my business really, just curious how it works.

What state do you live in that you get the option of not paying state taxes?
I live in Alaska where there is no income tax (also Florida, Nevada, South Dakota, Texas, Washington, and Wyoming), so it's different here.
But when we did, pre oil money, we never had that option.
Do you not want to pay it because you make so little that you would get it back at the end of the year anyway?
None of my business really, just curious how it works.
They're not talking about not paying, they're talking about withholding.

Back