Stealing

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my coworker told me he kind of stole from target today. I was confused at first but he broke it down for me. I guess he bought a tv stand in store and tried returning online but wouldn’t allow him to, since it was purchased in stores. He has a small vehicle, so he said there was no way to get it to the store. The online people didn’t offer a pick up or anything. But I guess, he just took the item from the floor and did a return on that item. Do you guys know what could and would happen? He said he hasn’t stolen anything else before while working there for a couple of years. He’s scared now and doesn’t know what to do lol

Wait what?
He bought it in the store but tried to return it online but they wouldn't let him because he bought it in the store?
So he just took one off the floor the floor to replace it?
How?
Or did he do a return in the store so he got his money back but didn't actually return the product?
I'm so confused.

Something like that I believe. Yeah they stated they chatted with a customer agent, to try and return it because the item was damaged and missing parts, so they couldn’t build it. Agents stated, since it was purchased in store, it would have to be returned in store. It is a big furniture, and stated it would definitely not fit in their vehicle, since they bought it that day with a moving truck.
He never initially “returned” the item. The damaged/missing part one they still have. They saw the same item in store, grabbed the item and returned the same item he couldn’t return.

Well that's definitely stealing/return fraud and definitely a fireable offense. Your friend has two choices: keep mum and hope he doesn't get caught or confess to AP. We can't make that call for him.

So if he doesn't have the vehicle to get the item from home to work, how did he get the new one from work to home?
Or did I miss a step!
Can't he just borrow someone's truck to return the original piece?
Seems like way more trouble than it's worth.

Don't know what the original thread was about, but there's been a lot of shoplifting at my store. Lots of makeup, electronics, toys, etc

You read it right? What did they say?
Basically that a friend who worked at the store bought a tv stand that required a moving van to transport to the house. The stand had missing/broken parts and they had no way to get it back to the store, so they tried to return it online and Target wouldn't let them (since it was bought in-store), so the friend just did a return on the register for themselves without actually returning the item. Now the friend is worried and the OP wanted to know what the friend should do.

Basically that a friend who worked at the store bought a tv stand that required a moving van to transport to the house. The stand had missing/broken parts and they had no way to get it back to the store, so they tried to return it online and Target wouldn't let them (since it was bought in-store), so the friend just did a return on the register for themselves without actually returning the item. Now the friend is worried and the OP wanted to know what the friend should do.
It's always a "friend" 🤣

I doubt OP is even watching this thread anymore but in case they are I would like to state that in all likelihood AP already knows and your friend has the opportunity to come clean before criminal charges are set against them. Yes they may lose their job. But they may avoid going to jail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back