STL/ETL gifts-HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
QUESTION FOR ETL’s:

So I’m a new ETL (new to Target and in role for about 3 months) and I’m wondering how Christmas gifts are handled. What should I get my STL and fellow ETL’s? every company is different and I’m not sure how it goes at Target. I don’t want to be a weirdo giving them gifts if it isn’t something they normally do. Any feeeback and ideas are totally appreciated. Thanks!!!

My store leadership not just STL and ETLs exchanged gifts. Keep them Target brand though.

Sounds like an ETL from my house lol. Keep it work appropriate, I’ve seen their gifts from something the other ETL likes to do outside of work, I’ve seen alcohol, gift baskets, all the way to something as simple as a gift card to a restaurant. Not an ETL, but I give gifts personal to my peers, something I think they’d like.

The general office-job etiquette for gifts is gift down, not up. Target may be different, but, IME, gifts for peers or reports are cool, but gifts for bosses not required could be a bad idea or inappropriate, depending on the circumstances (might look like you're trying to curry favor or something).

And, really, only if you want to, I'd say.

Not very many ETLs on here as this site is extremely frowned upon by Target.

How do you know ?

That there aren't many ETLs/STLs or that Spot doesn't like this site?

I can tell you that percentage wise the percentage of people who say they are ETLs/STLs is tiny.
I suspect (I can see where people log in from etc.) that there are many people from Spot here but they just lurk.

As to Spot not liking us, they have used lawyers to shut us down on a number of occasions.
On one of those occasions they redirected our visotors to their website.
They have demanded files and private information.
It has been interesting.

My TL ETL and STL team did a secret santa.

We listed a few gift ideas with our names, they were work appropriate.

I dont see a bottle of liquor between ETLs as anything crazy, depending on your level of coolness with them.

That there aren't many ETLs/STLs or that Spot doesn't like this site?

I can tell you that percentage wise the percentage of people who say they are ETLs/STLs is tiny.
I suspect (I can see where people log in from etc.) that there are many people from Spot here but they just lurk.

As to Spot not liking us, they have used lawyers to shut us down on a number of occasions.
It has been interesting.
From what I see this site in general is an educational tool. Its a platform for advice, techniques , socializing and brainstorming. There are occasional flare ups, but its not like anyone is giving away “ trade secrets”. Its very diabolical for spot to try to shut a place like this down. More power to you, brother.

It has been interesting.
So we won against Spot in court? Personally I feel like it showed my STLs and ETLs this site they would think it’s awesome, but of course I’d never risk it.

So we won against Spot in court? Personally I feel like it showed my STLs and ETLs this site they would think it’s awesome, but of course I’d never risk it.

No, Formina basically messed with them by pulling all the private info and then dropping the entire site on them unformatted.
That way they had miles of code to wade through with none of it being useful.

He has contingencies now if they try to pull that again.
We would win now.

Last edited:
From what I see this site in general is an educational tool. Its a platform for advice, techniques , socializing and brainstorming. There are occasional flare ups, but its not like anyone is giving away “ trade secrets”. Its very diabolical for spot to try to shut a place like this down. More power to you, brother.

I was warned about posting the pay info when they announced the raises.

So it seems the OP is not interested in answers to the topic anymore so I guess I'll lock this up.

Just as a side note, threads around here are well known for going well off the rails.
It is suggested that you just enjoy the ride and not take it personally.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back