Archived STL/ETL stereotypes and archetypes

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ETL that is a male that can fill their eyebrows in better than you can. He's usually tall af and bi-racial. Likes current/newly released music, only. Hates President Trump. Coffee snob. Skinny khakis. Tight fitting red tee shirt. Let's you get away with murder because you're cool with him and don't make his life miserable. Bamf at his job. You know when this is your LOD that you're getting out on TIME tonight!

you literally just described me if I was an ETL wtf

The ETL that is a male that can fill their eyebrows in better than you can. He's usually tall af and bi-racial. Likes current/newly released music, only. Hates President Trump. Coffee snob. Skinny khakis. Tight fitting red tee shirt. Let's you get away with murder because you're cool with him and don't make his life miserable. Bamf at his job. You know when this is your LOD that you're getting out on TIME tonight

Can I get his number?

The TL is the worst gossip of the whole department.

My store's worst gossiper is also a TL. She has this facade that makes people trust her and share personal things with her but she never keeps secrets. At least one other person always finds out what was confided to her. She also trash talks anyone who she hates and her team unknowingly believes her. She is like a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Last edited:
Not sure how common this type is at other stores but I have met them at my store: The "champion" type who goes to bat for you. They defend you when other leaders criticize you. They also take the time to verbally recognize you for your hard work which makes you feel happy to be a part of their team. Occasionally, they might surprise you with a thank you note or offer to treat you to Starbucks (or snacks) - ASANTS on this last part though.

Last edited:
The Working Man - Almost always an ETL Log,
Has been around long enough to remember the good old days of Target and has the gray hair to prove it.
Has kids he is super proud of and is always happy to share pictures or stories of them.
Will demand that you work harder than you have ever worked in your life but you can't hold it against him because he is usually right there with you working just as hard and still there when you leave, and there when you come in...
During 4th quarter he lives at the store.
Doesn't get invited to any of the ETL get togethers because he makes their straight out of college asses uncomfortable.
Eats lunch with his crew.
Is often heard saying. "I'm getting too old for this shit."

Last edited:
We have the “ball of sunshine but possibly snorts coke in their car before work” STL. Always on 150% energy and enthusiasm, actually runs around the store. When they’re LOD, everyone turns their walkies down to half volume because they literally scream. Yells so much that if there was ever an actual emergency no one would come. Pretty much lives in the store, might as well keep a mattress under their desk during Q4. Doesn’t drink coffee so no one has really any clue where this comes from every day. Is probably actually dying on the inside.

sounds more like gack tbh

The Working Man - Almost always an ETL Log,
Has been around long enough to remember the good old days of Target and has the gray hair to prove it.
Has kids he is super proud of and is always happy to share pictures or stories of them.
Will demand that you work harder than you have ever worked in your life but you can't hold it against him because he is usually right there with you working just as hard and still there when you leave, and there when you come in...
During 4th quarter he lives at the store.
Doesn't get invited to any of the ETL get togethers because he makes their straight out of college asses uncomfortable.
Eats lunch with his crew.
Is often heard saying. "I'm getting too old for this shit."
Muh favorite tbh

My store's worst gossiper is also a TL. She has this facade that makes people trust her and share personal things with her but she never keeps secrets. At least one other person always finds out what was confided to her. She also trash talks anyone who she hates and her team unknowingly believes her. She is like a wolf in sheep's clothing.
Ya'll.
We have one of those.

"The Leader Who Thinks She's Cute and Funny but Really Isn't" - we have a couple of them who are bouncy and cutesy (not in appearance, but in attitude) and I always want to tell them to grow up and act their age. One is probably in her mid-30s, the other is mid-40s maybe and they both act like they're 14. Gag.

Former GSTL I worked with who was fucking fake af.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back