Archived STL store KPI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys:

I'm interested in becoming an STL - what key performance metrics do STLs have to hit? how are they measured/rewarded?

Thanks!

yeah i know its hard...but i want to know how they are measured to see if it's worth it...

The STL is responsible for every metric in the store, maybe excluding PMT and AP metrics.
STL’s here are expected to have a working knowledge of every metric including PM and AP numbers. AP more so than PM, though.

STL’s here are expected to have a working knowledge of every metric including PM and AP numbers. AP more so than PM, though.

My STL use to be a LOG so he understands my PMBR, but he could care less about them. He’s happy as long as the building is functional and it doesn’t burn to the ground lol. AP numbers count though because that’s profit walking out the front doors (or fire exits..)

If you’re really working for an STL position you’re going to have to grind as an ETL for a while, produce minty green metrics in your area, as well as earn some recognition on the group level because a DTLs word alone ain’t gonna do much.

Umm, STLs oversee all aspects of the store. So, any metric that Target deems necessary to measure is ultimately the STL's responsibility to meet (in the eyes of the DTL and above). Some metrics get more focus than others, and that can change from year to year depending on district, group, region, and corporate goals. For instance, REDcards used to be a huge metric for our store, but over the last year, the DTL has stopped being so focused on them and is now more concerned with myCheckout sales and A/A performance. All that said, sales and payroll are always going to be two big ones that fall on the STL to meet.

Are you still in college? If so, you're going to need to finish your degree before you're able to get an ETL position. Consider applying for the Executive Intern program if you're still in school. That would be a good first step. If you don't have a 4-year degree, it's going to be very difficult getting an ETL position without first being a TL for a few years prior and doing well in that role.

Once you land an ETL position, you will need to do that for about 3-5 years before being considered for an STL role.

All of this assumes you have no prior retail management experience, at Target or elsewhere. If you do, then the career path to becoming an STL could be shorter for you.

Gut feeling about the thread(s)...... and/or the OP. Friend or foe? You're good at "reading" peeps, er...... trolls. ;)

Gut feeling about the thread(s)...... and/or the OP. Friend or foe? You're good at "reading" peeps, er...... trolls. ;)

I'd proceed with information carefully. Until otherwise noted but I just think its someone just gathering information. Until OP establishes more on the thread I wouldn't go nuts on giving them what they want.

A BA is required to begin with.

Two of the stls in my district have no degree.

And even before someone asks me to prove it, please prove to me where it says you have to have a degree to be an ETL or stl. Proactive.

Two of the stls in my district have no degree.

And even before someone asks me to prove it, please prove to me where it says you have to have a degree to be an ETL or stl. Proactive.
Its ok buddy , I believe you.

It depends on district & how long you have been with spot. My stl is from Wally World with no degree & was an outside hired.

Hi guys:

I'm interested in becoming an STL - what key performance metrics do STLs have to hit? how are they measured/rewarded?

Thanks!
Lot of jerks lol but seriously the road to STL is not one that requires a degree...however signs have showed ETL HR and Etl Log experience makes it easier to promote to STL. An Stl needs to 1, know how to schedule a store to run (hr) and then 2, know how a store should operate(log). Doing a few years in a challenging store or a few as an ETL- SF can also get your foot in the door as well as promoting from a Business Partner role like PMBP...STL's are heavily judged on sales comps, payroll, brla, opu/sfs Inf percentages, guest loyalty drivers such as red cards and square trades, transactions per day, guest survey, sale floor speed...there can be a ton of metrics...and every district is unique as each district have their own focused, outside of metrics, STLs are judged on their ability to execute and roll out store wide initiatives. To recap outside of district focuses STLs are universally judged on sales, payroll, service, and operations...each of these fields have metrics that paint a picture of how the store is performing

They are rewarded graciously...6 figure salaries, 5 figure bonuses, annual reviews, plus other potential pay actions

All the STL promotions I've seen were ETL-LOG first, but an old STL of mine was a former ETL-HR. The best STL I ever had was a former ETL-SF.

Also worked with an ETL (now at at a different store) who was promoted without a degree.

As far as salary goes, Glassdoor has info on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back