Archived Stolen Smartphones

Status
Not open for further replies.
TM Smartphones are getting stolen alot at my store. The latest being last night.

Gonna investigate getting a pre-paid phone again....

Any smartphone thefts as of late at any of the other stores?

Any pay-as-you-go phones left?

Last edited:
Interesting. The recent phones that are stolen are the new bright spot ones at my store. Since then, they got locked down & spider wrap. No phones have reported missing at my store. If you have an iPhone, you could use find my phone app to find it.

Last edited:
How is this even happening? Are TMs breaking into lockers or something?

All you need to get into a locker is a sturdy flat-head screwdriver. AP has a key to get into all the lockers, too, which is a lot quieter. I wouldn't doubt that you can order one off of Ebay... You can already get sets of walkies identical to ours, with and without chargers/spare batteries.

My point is that it wouldn't be difficult to get into the lockers, with the right timing/tools.

All you need to get into a locker is a sturdy flat-head screwdriver. AP has a key to get into all the lockers, too, which is a lot quieter. I wouldn't doubt that you can order one off of Ebay... You can already get sets of walkies identical to ours, with and without chargers/spare batteries.

My point is that it wouldn't be difficult to get into the lockers, with the right timing/tools.

Our ETL-HR has keys for the lockers too. I didn't realize it was so easy to break into the lockers, yikes! Now I'm quite glad that I never leave my phone in there.

If their goal is to pawn them, they should probably just steal PDAs instead. Our AP guy told us that PDAs from Spot are showing up in pawn stores. He now has a habit of seeing how mean PDAs he can "steal" from inattentive TMs.

BrightSpot

Try getting the new Brightspot! That is what I have and I have had no problems with it yet. I love it!

No TM phones stolen, but one of the store's in our region got hit HARD and had most of its mobile devices stolen earlier this week...

Apparently some guy/gal checked in as Target Mobile for the day (proper attire and all) and the LOD handed them off the keys. (Wasn't their regular guy, but subs come in all the time) They then proceeded to clean out the cases...

Needless to say, LODs in our district are now calling and verifying schedules/IDs anytime anyone other than our main Target Mobile rep shows up!

No TM phones stolen, but one of the store's in our region got hit HARD and had most of its mobile devices stolen earlier this week...
Apparently some guy/gal checked in as Target Mobile for the day (proper attire and all) and the LOD handed them off the keys. (Wasn't their regular guy, but subs come in all the time) They then proceeded to clean out the cases...
Needless to say, LODs in our district are now calling and verifying schedules/IDs anytime anyone other than our main Target Mobile rep shows up!
Wow! This is 2nd time that a fake mobile guy came to a store & took everything. After I read about the first event happening, I had a mobile guy try to get the keys too. He had no id & he says he was from another store. The Lod told him, no keys for you, because I am not able to confirm your employment with spot mobile. It took about an hour to resolve. But, he did really work for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back