Archived Store Modernization. what is it

Status
Not open for further replies.
ive seen papers, memos and such about store modernization. whats that all about. they really dont give me time on the clock to check the computer to read up about anything. always PUSH! also they are talking a lot about scans for the week. any info would help.

It is more a change in business structure. Instead of a flow team, Plano team, price change doing separate jobs those jobs are handled by one person in an assigned area. Originally called end to end it was later named modernization. When you are assigned an area you are responsible for that area including returns, etc. This is much why wages are going up because TMs are taking on extra responsibility in an effort to reduce the number of hands in one area.

I was in Jiffy Lube and Harbor Freight and I asked them how much the entry level pay was.

Both were $8.50 per.

I was in Jiffy Lube and Harbor Freight and I asked them how much the entry level pay was.

Both were $8.50 per.

Those numbers seem too low. I have seen job ads for Jiffy Lube in my area that say starting pay is 11--13 an hour. I have heard for years that Walmart pays and treats employees better.

In our market most jobs pay at least $10-$11. I follow job ads and one retail continually has ads and start out at $9. It’s like I wonder why you have to keep looking because others pay more.

It is more a change in business structure. Instead of a flow team, Plano team, price change doing separate jobs those jobs are handled by one person in an assigned area. Originally called end to end it was later named modernization. When you are assigned an area you are responsible for that area including returns, etc. This is much why wages are going up because TMs are taking on extra responsibility in an effort to reduce the number of hands in one area.

Which on the surface sounds like a great idea. Make everyone the proprietor of their own area. The problem is with hours being so light the proprietor isn't in the store for days at a time. They are forced into a partnership by their TL with other TMs who don't have the same abilities, speed or work ethic. Yet they will be accountable for their TMs work product.

And a part time employee likely doesn't view Target as a career, but rather a job/paycheck. Doesn't mean they won't do a good job, just maybe not a great job.
So changing the process alone may not be enough.

Those numbers seem too low. I have seen job ads for Jiffy Lube in my area that say starting pay is 11--13 an hour. I have heard for years that Walmart pays and treats employees better.

Depends on the market, that $8.50 is less than 13 y/o kids get for babysitting in my neck of the woods. Stores start at minimum of $13 around here.. But that larger amount of money doesn't bring in better people. We still shit can most of them before the 90 days..

What SM has done to my store is given most departments a "Fuck you, I got mine" attitude. And my store is going down in flames for it.

I'm going online right now and ordering a smart lanyard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back