Archived Store Phone Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I got a call about picking up extra hours this weekend but I can’t get through to my store.
I call the general number & hit the option for operator and it says “wait while we transfer you” and then it hangs up.
I’ve tried like 6x. I had a similar problem when I needed to call in sick a few weeks ago. I’m at my FT job and I don’t really have time to keep trying all day. I think at home I have HRs email (the person who called) but I wouldn’t be able to email until after she’s gone call.

Anyone know why the phone would do his? I’m assuming either the operator is busy or there’s a problem with the phone system. Either way I’m super frustrated

Sounds like a issue with the store phone system.

While it’s nice to call back and tell them you can or cannot work the hours, you have no duty to actually return the call. When you’re in next I would just mention you tried to call back but were unable to get through.

In my store, control of the phone is often handed off between HR, the fitting room, and electronics throughout the day. There have been a few times where the phone gets handed to a new team member who doesn’t know how to transfer or even answer calls.

do stores email at all? that or texting is easier for me since I'm always at my other job when they'd be calling. I can make calls but text/email would be more efficient

do stores email at all? that or texting is easier for me since I'm always at my other job when they'd be calling. I can make calls but text/email would be more efficient
I dont think it’s reasonable to demad email and text privileges. The store will live without you. They call everyone. So, yeah.

I dont think it’s reasonable to demad email and text privileges. The store will live without you. They call everyone. So, yeah.
I'm not demanding just asking if that's an option at other stores. I'm one of a handful of non-minor cashiers in my store that is able/willing to close so am in demand a bit more than some TMs.

Usually, it is the hrtm who calls. Ask if he minds texting you instead.

At my old store I had team members who asked for text on their voicemail. I don't mind usually although there was a couple who I didn't want to have my personal cell number.

I asked about emailing my ETL about a schedule change and was told that wasn't available, so I guess not. I kinda get it--they'd probably be flooded with emails if that were an option, but it's a bit inconvenient.

I asked about emailing my ETL about a schedule change and was told that wasn't available, so I guess not. I kinda get it--they'd probably be flooded with emails if that were an option, but it's a bit inconvenient.
I’m honestly surprised. It’s difficult to get a hold of someone in the store and also many tms have school or other jobs. Email or text provides a way to have a discussion asynchronously

So, obviously ASANTS. Your issue is unique to your store. Try working it out there. Get some answers as to why you are unable to get through, because ASANTS. Its as simple as asking your STL or HR “hey, I was trying to reach the store, but was unable to do so”. They will give the appropriate answer regarding, your issue because ASANTS. If you want people to brainstorm as to what to do when you might have a phone issue at a particular store, its stupid, because ASANTS. How much more time would you like us to dedicate to this thread? When you could’ve just asked someone at your store about the phone issue because again ASANTS and when it comes to phone issues 100 % ASANTS.

A certain store in our region got rolled on for texting off the clock and it created a bit of a ripple in our region. I guarantee your store probably won’t allow texting work related information even if it’s just for scheduling.

Bring up the phone issue next time you go in, stuff like that happens and can go unnoticed at a place where only a handful of people field tons of phone calls a day.

So, obviously ASANTS. Your issue is unique to your store. Try working it out there. Get some answers as to why you are unable to get through, because ASANTS. Its as simple as asking your STL or HR “hey, I was trying to reach the store, but was unable to do so”. They will give the appropriate answer regarding, your issue because ASANTS. If you want people to brainstorm as to what to do when you might have a phone issue at a particular store, its stupid, because ASANTS. How much more time would you like us to dedicate to this thread? When you could’ve just asked someone at your store about the phone issue because again ASANTS and when it comes to phone issues 100 % ASANTS.

I don’t work everyday because I have a full time job so it’s often days in betweeen shifts.
Unlike others I do feel obligated to respond even if the answer is no.. I wondered what was typical for communicating these types of requests. And I was venting frustration just like anyone else on these boards. If you dislike th thread scroll past

I don’t work everyday because I have a full time job so it’s often days in betweeen shifts.
Unlike others I do feel obligated to respond even if the answer is no.. I wondered what was typical for communicating these types of requests. And I was venting frustration just like anyone else on these boards. If you dislike th thread scroll past
These are actually my favorite threads. *yawn*
I feel like if you were a real person you would be a soda can, just waiting to be kicked down the road.

A certain store in our region got rolled on for texting off the clock and it created a bit of a ripple in our region. I guarantee your store probably won’t allow texting work related information even if it’s just for scheduling.

Bring up the phone issue next time you go in, stuff like that happens and can go unnoticed at a place where only a handful of people field tons of phone calls a day.

Actually calling or texting off the clock (about the schedule) is the one thing a store is allowed to do. It doesn't apply to the punch correction for talking off duty rule.

Last edited:
Actually calling or texting off the clock is the one thing a store is allowed to do. It doesn't apply to the punch correction for talking off duty rule.
I thought you could only talk about schedules off the clock and texting about anything else is a punch correction. that's what the handbook said IIRC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back