Archived Store Pickup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I don’t post on here often, so sorry to bother you all. I have a shift where I am doing order pickups coming up. I unofficially knew how to pick items and put them in hold on the pda just by being observant and asking questions without actually ever being scheduled; however, I heard that we switched over to using a zebra and I was just wondering if anyone had some advice.
Is the process similiar? What application(s) do I open to use? If you have anything else that you think would be good to know, I’d greatly appreciate it as it’s a little out of my element. I’m gonna ask people at my store as well, but we’ve been very busy and I’m not sure I could get much if any training time for this at all, so if I have a little knowledge going in it would probably help all.
Thank you!

Are you absolutely sure that you will be picking orders? You could just be processing the pickups at the service desk.

If you’re schedule is OPU then you’re processing orders for guests, not picking them.
There is supposedly a new job called OPU Pick so it is possible they could be doing that. But it's unlikely if they don't know how to pick on the Zebra yet.

OPU is the flex hours for the backroom. I'm on it all this month. You do nothing but pick locate. It should really only be extras backroom TMs getting scheduled under it

OPU is the flex hours for the backroom. I'm on it all this month. You do nothing but pick locate. It should really only be extras backroom TMs getting scheduled under it
Just to be clear OPU is also a GS shift tag for processing pickups. So it could be either.

They will allot extra hours to have more coverage over at guest service due to order pickup, especially with the amount that will be coming in the thanksgiving weekend

Yeah but who is going to stand at GS all day processing items? Doesnt the GSTM do it since rh guest needs to wait in lime anyway
It’s a normal shift. At my store it’s just used as a second GSTM since we don’t get *that many* OPUs but target wants it to be one person only processing orders with two lines (one for regular GS one for pick up)

That’s how Order Pickup used to be for us, but now they throw us into the back and actually have us do the picking. I got someboday Tuesday (yesterday afternoon) to show me a little. My main downfall will probably be backroom locations because I don’t know them that well, but I’ll try my best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back