Store ranks aa, a , a+ etc

What does your store gain at different certifications. Like when you exceed your sales for the year and go up a rank in store volume
Ulv to c to b to aa to a+ etc

I know its more tl spots but i don't know much more then that.

I thought Target went away from this specific model years ago or is it still furtively being operated? From my understanding, it's now just Low volume ($15M-$30M); Base ($30M-$72M), and High volume ($72M+); no more A, B, C, and D? Then you factor in sales volumes per work center for the branch stores like the giant super targets and the small-format stores. I was also under the impression that you don't really gain anything while stringing up the sales ladder besides more leaders, the overnight process, trucks, and payroll, which directly translates to a bigger store team? I can't attest to the 2020+ model(s) because I'm not a leader, and I'm not really up to speed on anything post-2019 since those organizational charts/plans and procedures were broadcasted all over the internet that year.

I thought Target went away from this specific model years ago or is it still furtively being operated? From my understanding, it's now just Low volume ($15M-$30M); Base ($30M-$72M), and High volume ($72M+); no more A, B, C, and D? Then you factor in sales volumes per work center for the branch stores like the giant super targets and the small-format stores. I was also under the impression that you don't really gain anything while stringing up the sales ladder besides more leaders, the overnight process, trucks, and payroll, which directly translates to a bigger store team? I can't attest to the 2020+ model(s) because I'm not a leader, and I'm not really up to speed on anything post-2019 since those organizational charts/plans and procedures were broadcasted all over the internet that year.
This is the correct answer.

Officially they're gone, but there are some kind of "sub-levels" to the base and UHV stores. A lot of HQ docs still use letter volume as well, but it's mostly for remodel and store plans.

Ex. A higher sales base store might get more GMTLs or Inbound Ops than a more average sales one. Or some UHV stores may get more ETLs, or have a Sr. ETL assigned, even.

At the the DC every store color coded green,yellow,red
At one time we had a store that got one box truck and one pallet truck.

Last edited:
Tells us which doors run fast because you load 7 trucks at the same time.

Last edited:
Back