Store Transfer

I’m trying to transfer to a different location I let my HR and ETL know a month ahead. I have been waiting for a phone call from the ETL in the other store for quite some time now. Has anyone experienced this? Is this how it usually goes for a transfer? I didn’t know there was supposed to be an “interview.”

Talk with your HR to see what’s going on. If your transfer has been approved then the other stores ETL is aware that you are switching. They probably won’t call until a day or 2 before.

That’s the problem though I follow up almost every day and they don’t have answers, just odd

Transfers only go as smoothly as HR is at the store you are coming into. When I transferred years ago everything was fine on my original store's end but the new store was a mess. I ended up with my first day being a Sunday and the only TL in the building thought I was a new hire.

Unless things have changed there should not be an interview so long as you aren't on CA.

Transfers only go as smoothly as HR is at the store you are coming into. When I transferred years ago everything was fine on my original store's end but the new store was a mess. I ended up with my first day being a Sunday and the only TL in the building thought I was a new hire.

Unless things have changed there should not be an interview so long as you aren't on CA.
May not be an official interview but probably a “get to know you” call and some questions. I’ve spoken to transfers on the phone to get a feel for them and see if they’d be a good fit and in my own transfer I did do an interview. Definitely wasn’t on a CA. For the record most stores won’t take a TM who is a problem.
You need both stores actively involved in the process for a smooth transfer. If not be prepared to continue to ask on the status and having to wait around some.

Did they approve the transfer at both stores? Transfers aren't a given, so even if you "let them know" both stores still need to approve it and minimize business impacts and have a place for you at the new store (maybe in a different workcenter) and all that.

I transferred smoothly due to me relocating. I wanted to transfer again cuz this one I'm working has a nasty assistant manager who maybe bi polar. Scary people to work with if emotions and overreacting to little details piss her off. But so many people are trying to transfer that our store manager isn't allowing anyone to transfer. He rather we quit altogether. This is according to another TM who wanted to transfer. I thought that was stupid. And does he have the right to do this,?

I searched internally and there are stores near me with open positions, but if I click apply, it will alert my managers.

I’m trying to transfer to a different location I let my HR and ETL know a month ahead. I have been waiting for a phone call from the ETL in the other store for quite some time now. Has anyone experienced this? Is this how it usually goes for a transfer? I didn’t know there was supposed to be an “interview.”
I called the transfer store and asked to speak to them myself.

May not be an official interview but probably a “get to know you” call and some questions. I’ve spoken to transfers on the phone to get a feel for them and see if they’d be a good fit and in my own transfer I did do an interview. Definitely wasn’t on a CA. For the record most stores won’t take a TM who is a problem.
You need both stores actively involved in the process for a smooth transfer. If not be prepared to continue to ask on the status and having to wait around some.
Won’t approve a transfer of someone with a crappy availability either.

At this point I would reach out to the store you are looking to transfer to. We have had to deny transfers because we had little to no payroll, availability didn't work for us. We denied based on attendance and performance documentations. It is the job of your HR to provide that information to the store you wish to xfer to, then its all on the new store.

Back