Archived Strange situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

targetworker13

Hardlines Team Trainer
So as I’ve said before, over the past 8 months I’ve been constantly developing, being mentored, learning every department, taking on the role and duties of a leader throughout the store. Return scans, GSA shifts, running the occasional recovery for a closing night etc. all rn leaders know I’m looking to make this a career and have been very supportive. They all know I’m capable and everyone sees me as a leader in the building basically. Recently a TL position has opened in our store so obviously the question was for myself and my ETL’s am I ready? I think I am ready, I’ve had great guidance over the months and hands on practice. I work in a pretty high volume store in Texas. I’m in an odd situation right now, I’ve basically stepped in as the TL for this department st the moment, working 40 hours a week, overseeing what’s going on and making sure to keep up with sales planners, weekly reports, etc. i Did my interview the other day, I think it went fairly well, but it seemed to be short, my ETL said it would only be 10 minutes but it just seemed oddly short. Only about 7 questions and I was on my way. I’m not the best at interviews, I tend to know the answers but have a hard time vocalizing them. They are doing a few more interviews but my etl wants to see if I’m ready and capable of taking over the position before any decisions are made. Anybody have any thoughts? I think I’ve short great initiative in stepping in and being confident in what I’m doing so I hope they feel the same

My first interview for TL was short. The second one was a formality and we mostly chatted about the role and what specific things I was to fix and change. Make sure if you are offered the position to negotiate your pay!

From my experience at Target your feeling about the interview would worry me as it sounds like their mind was made up before you even went there .The best case would be that it was already decided that you would be the one.I wish you the best.

At times, store management will have someone already in mind for a position before its even posted (if its even posted).

In my experience, they will only interview the person they have already picked out. Other times they will interview a small group as a formality but already know who they are going to pick.

All I can suggest is wait.

I know im my case the interviews were a formality. They were more just chats about the role because I was already on the bench.

I assume since you "stepped in" as tl, you are getting paid for it right? If not, why even promote you since you are willing to do it for less money. Expect more work, pay you less money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back